• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [TUTORIAL]Simple Gingerbread .602 SBF and Root Process (Updated 9.9.11)

I followed all of the directions to the T, and have gotten to the point where I start the SBF process through RSD Lite. The status is finished and the result is "pass."

My main concern is that the guide tells me that when this SBF process is finished, the phone will power off and back on. It has not done this. It is stuck in the Bootloader. On the phone screen, it says:

Battery OK
OK to Program
Transfer Mode:
USB

What should I do?

Hey, did you ever get an answer to this?

I just got a refurbished Droid X as a replacement for an old one, so it likely has among the newest GB. I followed the instructions at the top of the thread, and got a PASS result in RSDLite flashing to .602. However, I'm now stuck in the bootloader. No combination of buttons I press upon booting seems to get me into Recovery. I can never get the triangle with exclamation logo. It never leaves the bootloader. I've tried the home and power buttons, as well as the camera plus volume up plus power button, switched out the volume up for volume down, tried all of them at once...

for whatever reason I can't get into Recovery, so I'm arrested at the step after RSDlite in the bootloader. Did they change the button combo to get into Recovery again? Anyone have any ideas to get into Recovery? Thanks!

Upvote 0
Hey, did you ever get an answer to this?

I just got a refurbished Droid X as a replacement for an old one, so it likely has among the newest GB. I followed the instructions at the top of the thread, and got a PASS result in RSDLite flashing to .602. However, I'm now stuck in the bootloader. No combination of buttons I press upon booting seems to get me into Recovery. I can never get the triangle with exclamation logo. It never leaves the bootloader. I've tried the home and power buttons, as well as the camera plus volume up plus power button, switched out the volume up for volume down, tried all of them at once...

for whatever reason I can't get into Recovery, so I'm arrested at the step after RSDlite in the bootloader. Did they change the button combo to get into Recovery again? Anyone have any ideas to get into Recovery? Thanks!

I'm having the exact same problem. They must have changed the combo to get into recovery mode. I had downgraded to froyo according to several cyanogen guides before reading elsewhere about Gingerbread builds of Cyanogen - so I flashed 605, and still had the same stuck-at-bootloader problem. I flashed 602 and it failed, then flashed 602 again and it succeeded - but still stuck at bootloader.

Tid bit annoying, and I no longer have a carrier (using google voice/gmail phone) so I can't just get a replacement.

Edit: I'm starting to wonder if my phone was upgraded to 621 via standard verizon system update. the warnings at https://sites.google.com/site/motosbf/droid-x-sbf-files kind of make me think so...

Upvote 0
This is my first try with android. I am using a Droid X which happens to be my girl friends. After much complaining from her about how her phone sucks I thought maybe I can get ICS loaded on her Droid X. I did a lot of reading a head of time and thought I picked the right tutorial to go with. For one reason or another I went through halfway about 3 or 4 tutorials before I really screwed things up.

The Droid was now boot looping on an ICS rom and I thought crap if I can't ICS to load correctly I will just reflash factory ROM and leave it at that. So now my screen displays Bootloader 30.04 Err: A5, 70, 70, 00, 1F and when I use RDS lite to install a gingerbread rom I get Failed flashing process. Failed flashing process. Interface BP: Error sending RAM download for bootloader. Device API Error:0xE00300009 Address:0x198000 Command: ADDR (0xE0231009); Phone connected. I am not sure what to do from here.

Upvote 0
Picked up a used Droid X:

Android Vers: 2.2.1
System vers: 2.3.340.MB810.Verizon.en.US
kernel vers: 2.6.32.9-g55626e1

Update:
Sweet! Worked like a charm. My initial problem was thinking I needed to use the Android 2.2.1 sbf, which is the Android version my phone came with. Couldn't successfully flash CM7 after that.

Redid all the steps with 602 sbf and CM7 flashed without a hitch.

Upvote 0
This is my first try with android. I am using a Droid X which happens to be my girl friends. After much complaining from her about how her phone sucks I thought maybe I can get ICS loaded on her Droid X. I did a lot of reading a head of time and thought I picked the right tutorial to go with. For one reason or another I went through halfway about 3 or 4 tutorials before I really screwed things up.

The Droid was now boot looping on an ICS rom and I thought crap if I can't ICS to load correctly I will just reflash factory ROM and leave it at that. So now my screen displays Bootloader 30.04 Err: A5, 70, 70, 00, 1F and when I use RDS lite to install a gingerbread rom I get Failed flashing process. Failed flashing process. Interface BP: Error sending RAM download for bootloader. Device API Error:0xE00300009 Address:0x198000 Command: ADDR (0xE0231009); Phone connected. I am not sure what to do from here.

same err for me HELP!!!!!

Upvote 0

1FF-p3a_shadow_cdma_shadow-user-2.3.4-4.5.1_57_DX8-51-120111-test-keys-signed-Verizon-US.sbf -use this one to fix n put back to normal....

Upvote 0
I just went from a glitchy, mildly rooted DX, to running Liberty. With only a couple hang ups! Thanks for making it easy for us new guys.:D

EDIT: I may have spoken too soon. Not I'm stuck on the initial liberty boot logo of the fist. I've tried wiping all data and cache, rebooting. Even reflashed the SBF, rooted, and reinstalled liberty, only to still be stuck at the fist logo. trying to run the LGBDX v08 rom. is there a compatibility issue I missed?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones