• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

TV Guide a power drain?

parlayguy

Jun 8, 2010
I have the TV Guide mobile app loaded on my Droid Incredible. Even if I only start is up late in the day, it seem to drain the battery. I started up about 1 hour ago and my power alert just sounded on my Droid. I looked at what was using all the power and it said that TV Guide had used 90% of my battery. Can this be correct or is it just an error. I also believe that the app was already shut down because under app information it didn't give me the option to force quit the app.

Yes, it's certainly possible... Go into Settings > About Phone > Battery, and see if your Awake Time is similar to your Up Time... If the time of those two are fairly close, that means you have a rogue app that is keeping your phone from sleeping, thus draining your battery. To give you an example of how it SHOULD be if you arent having a problem with an app, my Up Time is 16hrs, 38 mins, but my Awake time is only 1 hr and 12 minutes.

I've heard of problems with the TV Guide App, but it might not be (or might not be the ONLY) app that you have downloaded that's keeping your phone from sleeping.

Because of the problems I originally heard about in regards to the TV Guide app, I have stayed clear away from it. You might want to uninstall it, and instead install an app called TV Listings. It works perfectly on my phone (HTC Incred) allows me to pick a show, and set a reminder for when it comes on, etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones