• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tweet from Notification Panel

MochaLatte

Lurker
Jul 20, 2013
I know you guys hate when people say this, but I really want a feature the iPhone has. The "tap to tweet" option in the notifications panel is so convenient, and I can't believe I can't find anything like it. The only app that came close to it was QuickTweetPro. But that's listed as an ongoing app and the icon never goes away from the notifications bar.

Are there any apps that will work as a quick tweet option, instead of opening up an entire twitter application? I just want to be able to use pie controls to select a quick tweet option, tweet from a popup window, and then go back to what i was doing without ever leaving the app I was in.

You guys know of anything like that?

That might have worked. Good idea. I actually downloaded Plume and used one of its activities. It brings up a "new tweet" widget at anytime on any app. Exactly what I was looking for. All I have to do is hold down the home button.

Thanks guys. I'm just really surprised no one else has asked about this before

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones