• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Two life styles; you pick

See post

• Choice one

Votes: 22 50.0%
  • Choice two

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • What does this have to do with being an android phone owner?

Votes: 12 27.3%

• Total voters
I'm married, kid on the way. Most of our money went into two houses and our savings account. We aren't hurting but also not rich, goal is to be debt (including mortgage) free by 40 and we're on track. :)

Wonderful goal, good on ya for that.

We did it by the age of (mumble), so I can tell you it feels quite nice indeed.

Taxes on the properties remain, of course. But that is not much compared to those payments we're through with. :)

Upvote 0
I didn't realize he was only 17. That changes my opinion a little bit. Your still young. I say go for number 1 for a while, get you a nice house and car, save up some money, then go for number 2. That way you already have some of the stuff you need to maintain a family. You don't want to get married, settle for less and regret it later in life. You'll blame whoever that you are married to. Oh and you also don't want to have kids unless your prepared, one of the hardest things I ever had to do was have a family, get laid off, almost lost everything, changed professions, and played catch up for it seemed like forever.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones