• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Two Questions for "M" Bat change $ tether

shopman1

Lurker
Feb 17, 2011
New to the Forum, realy would like to get the Xoom but have a few concerns:

Q1 - I called Motorola Teck and asked if the battery was accessible? Answer NO. If it goes, you will need to send it in for service, 1 year warrantee only. If it locks up, they said that they have a way around that on the Xoom.

Q2 - Can I tether the Xoom to my droid X or Droid Bionic so I can run 3g via the USB cable and not need to have yet another plan? I understand that you will need to have a WiFi plan for at least one month. Answer - they did not know! Does anyone know out there?

Best Buy is taking pre-orders today, put $50 down and your on the list. Not sure I want to do that until I have answers.
Thanks, shopman1 :rolleyes:

the xoom user guide leaked on the web it will answer alot of your questions. i just read the page that answers your Q1, oh btw the best buy pre-order is sunday not today they moved it :)

Forced Reboot​
In the unlikely event that your device becomes
unresponsive, try a forced reboot: Press and hold both
Power/Lock and the up-volume key for three​
seconds.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones