• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

TWRP 2.1 is out.

colchiro

Extreme Android User
Jun 4, 2010
tablethome.jpg
tabletinstall.jpg

TeamWin Projects - TWRP 2.1 | TeamWin

Flash this from Acme installer... maybe from cwm works too. :D

(TWRP is a touch-screen version of ClockworkMod Recovery.)

Reactions: Jeffery and lwb250
Last time I tried to flash this it failed, then I got distracted and forgot about it. Today I was reading up on the Nexus version (which replaces CWM) and felt the itch to update my TP... er Touchpad. :D

So DL'd the flashable zip from the TWRP website and flashed it and turns out it replaced my ClockworkMod recovery. So booted into my aopk rom, opened Root Explorer and renamed it back to TWRP, grabbed the CWM image and copied it to my sdcard and flashed it from TWRP. Rebooted system and it went directly to my aopk rom.(?!) So rebooted again and now moboot won't work (it just reboots). Reboot to Recovery won't work.

Fired up Root Explorer and it said 0k free in my boot folder so deleted my moboot background image.... still 0k free.(!?) Ok, lets reboot into the bootloader then. Still just reboots. Opened Rom Manager and had it reboot into recovery... still just reboots. Deleted the TWRP image file and had 4 mb free (that's a start) and edited the reboot.next file to be webOS and it booted into webOS. :D

Next step... copy CWM & Moboot files to cminstall and run acmeinstaller. If that works, I might manually copy the TWRP file to boot... we'll see if I feel generous.

Upvote 0
Hmmm.... booting into webos and opened cyboot (which lets you edit the default settings), checked out the settings, then accidentally hit reboot, but moboot worked fine then.

I think the problem is that the boot folder isn't big enough for my AOPK image (not sure why it's there since it only works to boot the CyanogenMod image) AND TWRP AND CWM. TWRP is 5.48 mb and boot has 4.78 mb free.

A future update of moboot was supposed to store files outside of boot, so the limited size wasn't supposed to be a problem any more.

Upvote 0
The installation script for TWRP renames it to be CWM.

If you still have CWM on your touchpad, just unzip the file to your sdcard and use a root file manager like Root Explorer and copy the TWRP file, go to boot partition, change it to Read/write, then paste the file and change back to read-only. In Root Explorer, this is done via the button at the top. I think ES File Explorer can do this too, but I've never used it.

Moboot just takes inventory of the boot images at boot time and adds them to it's menu.

You have to be careful to not fill up /boot tho. So a moboot background or theme + TWRP means you have to be careful.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones