• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Txt messages being delayed?

_PeteG_

Sep 21, 2009
Hi,
My wife and I have noticed that occassionally a txt I send from my UK Vodafone HTC Magic will take a while (5 mins, maybe even a few hours!) to reach her iphone. I recently moved back to using the default Messaging app, from Handcent, to see if this made any difference but I don't think it has.

I have ticked 'delivery reports' now and have noticed that, occassionally, the report status can stay at 'pending' for quite some time, before finally changing to 'received'. One question I have is; is there any way of finding out where the delay is occurring? It could be a delay in sending from my phone, at Vodafones' server sending, at O2's server receiving or at my wifes's phone, I guess - is there anything more I can do to indicate where the hold-up is occurring?

Thanks for any help here!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones