• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Type text messages from computer screen

thepinkc

Dec 28, 2009
New York, NY
On my Windows Mobile phone, I had this great app that let me plug my phone in to my computer then control the screen of the phone, launch apps, type text messages, etc. right from the computer screen. This made it so easy to reply to text messages without my boss knowing, or while being lazy in bed.

Any type of app like this for Android? I downloaded the SDK but I can only take screenshots with it, I can't control the phone.

I use MyPhoneExplorer Android PC Suite available free from here:-

FJ Software Development

with the MyPhoneExplorer app, free from the Market, on my phone.

This allows me to connect via WiFi, also does Bluetooth, and send and receive SMS with the screen minimised.

Features:
  • Adressbook - with direct sync to Outlook, GMail, Windows contacts, Thunderbird, SeaMonkey, Lotus Notes and Tobit David
  • Organizer with calendarview and direct sync to Outlook, Google, Sunbird, Thunderbird, SeaMonkey, Windows calendar(Vista), Rainlendar, Lotus Notes, Tobit David and net shared calendars (WebDAV, FTP, local)
  • SMS - archive, export, import, excessive messages,...
  • Filebrowser with cachesystem to minimize datatransfer, automatic photosync...
  • Set phoneclock based on atomtime
  • and much more. f.e.: calllists, edit profiles, control phone, memorystatus, phonemonitor,...

Hope this helps. :D

Reactions: mpw
Upvote 0
On my Windows Mobile phone, I had this great app that let me plug my phone in to my computer then control the screen of the phone, launch apps, type text messages, etc. right from the computer screen.
Not what the OP is asking for but I use Google Voice to send/receive SMS from any internet-connected PC. It doesn't offer any of the other functionality that the OP is asking about.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones