• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ubuntu help

1st things 1st

if you are doing it on a virtual machine use Vmware player and not virtualbox
reason for this is simple, virtualbox is very bad at allocating resource and integrating itself to the host os

ubuntu is very easy to install via vmware player
just locate the iso when you build the virtual machine and it will auto boot to it as media
when installing pick the option during install for vmware tools (if you dont do this you need linux knowledge to install it later)
its a quick install and vmware player supports drag and drop and detects usb storage instantly

Upvote 0
Eddy so wgen vbox doesnt recognise an os thats normal i assigned 8gb just worried if i click assingn while 8gb without vb noticin my pc runs xp that ill no longer longer hav xp lol
its not partitioning your physical drive
its making an 8gig container file and formatting within it
its going to take 8 gigs of space but not formatting physicall hdd space to create it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones