• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Uh Oh! What went wrong? How to fix it?

Haywire

Android Enthusiast
Dec 18, 2009
So, I tried to install bb 1.3 on my phone. I ran it and when it booted up, the droid logo flashed once, but then my phone got stuck. I tried it a few times, same deal. Tried loading back to the cynagoen i was using before but it looks like even thats not working. What should I do from here? Data wipe? Then re-root? or am I missing something?

Okay, well I managed to restore my phone to an older date. So I'm still rooted, but now I'm back on droid mod (ugh). Why wouldnt the bb 1.3ghz load? too much too soon? I'm going to try a lower version maybe.. Kinda freaked out when my phone wasnt starting back up lolhttp://androidforums.com/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=824666

I tried 1.1 same deal. So now I'm going to try 800.. After that I'm not sure lol. maybe use a different rom entirely. I was using cynoagen 5.062, anyone got any suggestions?

I've never been able to run any Bekit LV kernels above 1.0Ghz on my phone. Each time I attempted to load something higher I got stuck on the "M" while booting. But with P3Droid kernels I've been able to run up to 1.2Ghz. I know "technically" they're not approved kernels for BB, so you might want to try NexBeast V1.1. It's based upon Pete's BB V1.1 but it plays nice with P3Droid kernels.

P3Droid Kernels

Upvote 0
I dont know whose side to take on this one.. every Kernel ive ran on my droid has worked great. Currently im trying 1.1ghz by Bekit and its working great.. im not too sure on how to really compare the three (chevy, p3, or bekit).. is there something I can do to compare?

Battery Life? or what.

You could try each kernel and post your findings, but even that might be different than someone else's findings. Like I said, I've never been able to run Bekit kernels above 1.0Ghz - can't even load them. Others have no issues with them. I know of someone who can't run ANY low voltage kernel. The "which kernel is best" question is similar to the "which ROM is best" question. Ask 10 people and you'll get 10 differnet answers. I'd say just find what works for YOUR phone. Personally I use P3Droid kernels because they run cooler than Bekit on my phone and I get slightly better battery life.

Upvote 0
Well the good thing is I got my phone back up and running on cyanogen, (after having it once droidmod just is lacking!) Now, I'm a person who likes to tinker and figure things out that don't work. Why won't any of these roms I'm trying install? Everyone loads into the moto logo and then hangs up. I've tried all the way from 1.3 to 1.1. I got tired of having to keep on restoring my phone so I gave up last night.. But It'd still like to try BB.What's the default rom at? I think it's 600 or so?

I'm using clockworkrecovery, I don't need to rename the files or anything do I?
Just wondering why it won't work is all.. I'm sure it's operator error here, lol.

Upvote 0
You sure your choosing the right .zip with clockwork? Also be sure to go into the partitions menu and wipe boot, data, system, and cache 3 times each. Boot only needs to be done when your installing a new kernel.

Also some Droid's have trouble running at 1.3Ghz so start off with something low like 8 or 900mhz and work your way up from there.

Upvote 0
You sure your choosing the right .zip with clockwork? Also be sure to go into the partitions menu and wipe boot, data, system, and cache 3 times each. Boot only needs to be done when your installing a new kernel.

Also some Droid's have trouble running at 1.3Ghz so start off with something low like 8 or 900mhz and work your way up from there.

I'm not quite sure what you mean here. Are you saying only certain files are compatible with clockwork? And do the wiping stuff 3 times before I try to load the new rom?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones