• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Uhhhmmm...A line of dead pixels

My phone was completely fine since day one and when i plugged my charger a little later I noticed that there is a whole line of dead pixels going across 1/3 down the screen....any fixes??

restarted, rebooted, battery pull, factory reset: none solved the problem

are they completely dark, or is it possible they're stuck? i had a couple stuck pixels, and i downloaded JscreenFix from the market, and it worked like a charm. doesnt sound like it will work for you, but it's worth a shot.

sounds to me like you are gonna have to have the phone replaced.

Upvote 0
looks like the screen as when i did the Jfix app i can clearly see a straight white line....oh well....

I didnt buy this phone straight from Verizon so I dont think I am qualified for any replacement.

Not necessarily. Depending on the 3rd party you purchased it from, it should still be covered within the first 30 days of ownership. Now after that period, it gets hazy. Technically I believe there is a limited 1 year warranty tied to the device, however I'm not sure what it may cover.

Hopefully you decided to opt in for insurance as this will make things a bit easier on you.

Upvote 0
when i got my first phone it had a line of dead pixels like yours. then the bottom half under the line strated the flicker and go insane. Sounds like you have the same thing i had. I had to send it back, no fix.

exactly what started to happen to mine today. I called VZW and they will be sending another phone (dont know if its new or refurbished) through the manufacturing warranty.

Thanks for all the input guys

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones