• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unable to access Micro SD files. Help Please. Annoying!

Ok guys this problem has been annoying me for months now and i really need it sorting.

I am having problems accessing my pictures/videos on my SD card whilst connected to my laptop via USB.
The phone connects in the usual way and after selecting disk drive by dragging down the top toolbar, i am able to access the removable drive on my laptop. All good up to now.
However, the problem is that the SD card, listed as DCIM in the removable drive is shown as an application not a folder and after clicking on it i get an error saying "G:\DCIM.exe is not a valid win32 application".

I have used a different cable.

I have dismounted my SD card and used a different reader (digital camera) to access the card but have the same problem, leading me to believe its not a problem with the phone.

I never had this problem when using my old latop running windows XP and am therefore thinking it is related to windows 7.

Please, can someone find me a soloution! I have so many pictures/videos that I want to back up but cant due to this reason!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones