• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unable to do PRL/Profile/Firmware update

So after seeing people were posting on here about the PRL update on 7/28 I went to go hit the PRL update under Settings > System updates. To my surprise it will not let me do the PRL update. I keep hitting the button and nothing happens. I tried the same thing for the Firmware and Profile updates and nothing happens when I press the buttons. The only one that works is the HTC software update. I tried turning my phone on and off and the same thing still happens. Have not tried a reset yet.

I had EXACTLY the same problem, a couple times. I tried a couple different things, but I think I did both so I'm not sure which was actually the solution:

1. Make sure you aren't getting low phone memory warnings. I was, and I had to remove some apps to create more space.

2. I could do the update immediately after a reboot.

See if either or both of those help you.

Upvote 0
I think I figured out what was causing the problem. Recently I used Startup Cleaner 2.0 to stop some system apps from running in the background from one of the forum posts here. I went back and allowed the following apps that were blocked on startup.

Download Manager
HTC DM
Sprint Updater
Updater

Once I re-allowed them to run on startup I was able to do the PRL update.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones