1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Unable to do PRL/Profile/Firmware update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by The King's Eighth, Jul 29, 2010.

1. The King's Eighth

None

Jun 4, 2010
    So after seeing people were posting on here about the PRL update on 7/28 I went to go hit the PRL update under Settings > System updates. To my surprise it will not let me do the PRL update. I keep hitting the button and nothing happens. I tried the same thing for the Firmware and Profile updates and nothing happens when I press the buttons. The only one that works is the HTC software update. I tried turning my phone on and off and the same thing still happens. Have not tried a reset yet.

Advertisement

2. HiDef

HiDef Newbie
     #1,148

Oct 20, 2009
    I had EXACTLY the same problem, a couple times. I tried a couple different things, but I think I did both so I'm not sure which was actually the solution:

1. Make sure you aren't getting low phone memory warnings. I was, and I had to remove some apps to create more space.

2. I could do the update immediately after a reboot.

See if either or both of those help you.

3. The King's Eighth

None

Jun 4, 2010
    Hmmm. I'm not getting any phone memory warnings and I tried to reboot and I still get the same thing. I might have to do a factory reset.

4. tlaw81

tlaw81 Lurker
    None

Jul 19, 2010
    The same thing happened to me as well (several times). I did just as described ^^. I just rebooted my phone and it worked. Not sure what the problem was, but it did fix it (temporarily).

5. The King's Eighth

None

Jun 4, 2010
    I think I figured out what was causing the problem. Recently I used Startup Cleaner 2.0 to stop some system apps from running in the background from one of the forum posts here. I went back and allowed the following apps that were blocked on startup.

Download Manager
    HTC DM
    Sprint Updater
    Updater

Once I re-allowed them to run on startup I was able to do the PRL update.

Tags: