• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unable to end calls

Over recent weeks a problem that was initially only happening occassionally, is happening reguarly now. When I go to end a call, I hit the end call button and it says call ended but it doesn't disconnect. I can reopen the phone app and it shows as connected to an unknown caller and I can't kill it. Eventually it will disconnect, probably because the other end has. It's particularly irritating if I make a call that goes to voicemail. If I don't want to leave a message I have to hastily turn the phone off to end the call !

Has anyone else seen this issue on the desire HD or have any suggestions ?

Thanks

Do you have anything like lookout etc installed on your phone? Might be worth doing so and letting that run, see if it picks up anything.

Other than that, do you have any 3rd Party dialers or contact apps installed too? I'll have a look to see if I can find the thread for you, but I'm sure someone had a similar issue and it was a result of a dialer app that displayed ads during calls.

Upvote 0
Do you have anything like lookout etc installed on your phone? Might be worth doing so and letting that run, see if it picks up anything.

Other than that, do you have any 3rd Party dialers or contact apps installed too? I'll have a look to see if I can find the thread for you, but I'm sure someone had a similar issue and it was a result of a dialer app that displayed ads during calls.

Thanks for the tips, I've not changed the dialler software. Skype is the only thing installed which comes close I suppose.

I just installed and ran lookout and it picked up nothing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones