1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Unable to flash any rom or theme, please help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by media2242, Jul 29, 2010.

1. media2242

media2242 Member

May 28, 2010
    Hello everyone,

I am having issues with my droid. I flashed Cyanogenmod 6.0 RC2. But now I am unable to flash any themes or other roms, all I get is error messages on reboot. I am able to restore previous backups but even when I do that I still have the same issue of not being able to flash a theme or rom. That is using rom manager or manually.

Any help would be grateful! :)

Advertisement

2. istolvampire

istolvampire Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    I am not an expert but maybe some more info is needed. What is the error? Have you tried to delete/reinstall rom manager? Then flash CW and then spr and then back to clock work? Seems to help some people. Did you clear data/cache before the rom? I usually clear them at least 3 tiime in a row before I even think about flashing a new rom and it has never failed me loading manually with spr. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will come by soon.

Does sound like a bad recovery to me.

3. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga

Nov 27, 2009
    Finance
    Pennsylvania
    What are the errors and are you getting into recovery at all or just getting a really long reboot?

4. media2242

media2242 Member

May 28, 2010
    Thanks for the help,

I get an SD card error, I have a replacement SD card because I had to get my phone replaced and used that, and that seem to work as I can flash bugless beast and CM 6 r2, but what i want is sapphire and that is still giving me the "SD card unable to mount" errors, even with the other sd card. I have wiped the phone, cleared caches, and still same problem when I try to install sapphire. Unsure what it could be. This happens whether I try to install the ROM manually or through clockwork rom manager.

Thanks again!

5. Papadroid

Papadroid Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    Sapphire has a problem with the latest clockwork recovery. Flash an older recovery from ROM manager. I believe you can use 2.0.1.3