• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unable to flash any rom or theme, please help!

media2242

Lurker
May 28, 2010
Hello everyone,

I am having issues with my droid. I flashed Cyanogenmod 6.0 RC2. But now I am unable to flash any themes or other roms, all I get is error messages on reboot. I am able to restore previous backups but even when I do that I still have the same issue of not being able to flash a theme or rom. That is using rom manager or manually.

Any help would be grateful! :)

I am not an expert but maybe some more info is needed. What is the error? Have you tried to delete/reinstall rom manager? Then flash CW and then spr and then back to clock work? Seems to help some people. Did you clear data/cache before the rom? I usually clear them at least 3 tiime in a row before I even think about flashing a new rom and it has never failed me loading manually with spr. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will come by soon.

Does sound like a bad recovery to me.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help,

I get an SD card error, I have a replacement SD card because I had to get my phone replaced and used that, and that seem to work as I can flash bugless beast and CM 6 r2, but what i want is sapphire and that is still giving me the "SD card unable to mount" errors, even with the other sd card. I have wiped the phone, cleared caches, and still same problem when I try to install sapphire. Unsure what it could be. This happens whether I try to install the ROM manually or through clockwork rom manager.

Thanks again!

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help,

I get an SD card error, I have a replacement SD card because I had to get my phone replaced and used that, and that seem to work as I can flash bugless beast and CM 6 r2, but what i want is sapphire and that is still giving me the "SD card unable to mount" errors, even with the other sd card. I have wiped the phone, cleared caches, and still same problem when I try to install sapphire. Unsure what it could be. This happens whether I try to install the ROM manually or through clockwork rom manager.

Thanks again!

Sapphire has a problem with the latest clockwork recovery. Flash an older recovery from ROM manager. I believe you can use 2.0.1.3

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones