• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unable to record video during temperature too high

spman

Android Enthusiast
Feb 26, 2013
Hello,

After taking videos for about 15mins or more, it shows this message "temperature too high to use camera. wait for phone to cool down before using camera." I missed some info that should be recorded due to this problem. Using Samsung Galaxy Note 8 default camera app to take video. Default camera app auto exit and I need to wait for it to cool down then I can use the default camera app again. I missed some info that should be recorded due to this problem.

How to solve the problem?

SlKjY2p.png

(When temperature is too high I have tried using another app called Open Camera for a few seconds and it works but I am too afraid of damaging my phone so I did not use any camera and let the phone cool down for about 10mins minimum then try to use the default camera app again.)

Last edited:
Hello,

After taking videos for about 15mins or more, it shows this message "temperature too high to use camera. wait for phone to cool down before using camera." I missed some info that should be recorded due to this problem. Using Samsung Galaxy Note 8 default camera app to take video. Default camera app auto exit and I need to wait for it to cool down then I can use the default camera app again. I missed some info that should be recorded due to this problem.

How to solve the problem?

SlKjY2p.png

(When temperature is too high I have tried using another app called Open Camera for a few seconds and it works but I am too afraid of damaging my phone so I did not use any camera and let the phone cool down for about 10mins minimum then try to use the default camera app again.)
Open Camera I used in the past, it did not over heat my phone as far as I know either, I was searching for live snapshots that does color on the camera and not worry about the tempatures, are you using a Live Wall paper, sometimes it does that over time, try doing a still snapshot as your background, close all other apps, shut off all the background mobile data and it will cool itself down after around 10 minutes or so. :)

Reactions: spman
Upvote 0
Open Camera I used in the past, it did not over heat my phone as far as I know either, I was searching for live snapshots that does color on the camera and not worry about the tempatures, are you using a Live Wall paper, sometimes it does that over time, try doing a still snapshot as your background, close all other apps, shut off all the background mobile data and it will cool itself down after around 10 minutes or so. :)
What is live wallpaper in note 8? I did not change or set anything about wallpaper, all defaults since unboxing. I read this https://www.sammobile.com/2017/10/0...text=How do I set a,in the upper-right corner. and it seems my phone is currently using the default 5 wallpaper (not sure is it called live wallpaper)
How to disable live wallpaper?

"shut off all the background mobile data" background mobile data causes heat?

Upvote 0
How long can iphone video recording last before it overheat and auto stop?

An Apple iPhone? No ideas, and may not get a definitive answer here anyway, not on Android Forums. But I would guess it can. I know the Samsung Galaxy Note20 and Huawei Mate10 can record long periods of HD video without problems.

Reactions: spman and Dannydet
Upvote 0
What is live wallpaper in note 8? I did not change or set anything about wallpaper, all defaults since unboxing. I read this https://www.sammobile.com/2017/10/09/how-to-set-a-live-wallpaper-galaxy-note-8#:~:text=How do I set a,in the upper-right corner. and it seems my phone is currently using the default 5 wallpaper (not sure is it called live wallpaper)
How to disable live wallpaper?

"shut off all the background mobile data" background mobile data causes heat?
Go to each app, in the mobile and data it will pop up underneath and slide to the left to deactivate the mobile data, yes it does get warm, and since unboxing some live wall papers can cause the device over heat, I remember a few days ago when I did a FDR on my cell, the moto waves cause it to heat up so much, but not to a point of burning anything.

Reactions: spman
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones