• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unbrick Phone from LG Screen

I have installed the necessary drivers and software. I can see my phones MED and phone number on the LG recovery tool. It looks like it will work. I have a new phone that I bought and same number. If I restore my phone, will this conflict with my new phone. I want to be able to use this LG phone as a BROWSER, but not a working PHONE. ..

My original problem was that I could not get past the setup wizard. So I bought a new phone.
Now I would like to use this as a Browser, not a Phone.

Many thanks in advance:eek:

Upvote 0
Dude, you are a god. Thanks for this. I bricked my sister's phone trying upgrade her to a more recent version and your guide got me out of feeling like a ******. I have a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 running a JellyBean rom, so I'm not used to a garbage phone like my sisters. I have a degree in MIS and still I struggled to get this right because of not being able to register the MS690.dll file in LGNPST. What worked for me was the running the cmd prompt as an administrator and putting the path in quotes. The .dll file registered correctly and was in the LGNPST program as an option. Worked like a charm. http://www.androidforums.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Upvote 0
So many users have been using Rom Manager and are getting stuck at the Lg Logo. Well now there`s a way to unbrick your phone and avoid the need of a replacement.

To get your phone to be recognized by the PC; take your battery out. With the battery out press and hold this combination of keys: Back key + Camera. With the keys hold down plug in your charger to the phone. (AC connected to the wall or connected to USB) Your phone should boot to S/W Upgrade mode. Now the battery can be placed back again. If you got to S/W Upgrade mode by the AC charger method now its time to connect phone to the PC.

Now make sure that LGNPST and drivers are installed on your pc correctly. (Go here if you need to install LGNPST and drivers. Follow the guide until where you need to open LGNPST.

Then Open up LGNPST and make sure that the program recognizes the phone. It should be under the EMERGENCY tab. (Dont worry if is says UNKNOWN under Model).

Now Select the dll file. The file name is MS690.dll where it says dll.
Then Download this file extract the folders somewhere on your PC. While on LGNPST navigate to the extracted Bin folder and select it as the .bin file. The file name should be MS690ZV7_08.bin

Then click start. Let the process get to 100%

Now your phone will try to start up but the battery will blink or charge. If it`s blinking all you have to do is: plug it to the wall let it charge a little bit, then turn it on. If it charges then let it charge a little and then turn it on.

Your phone will be back to stock mode to 2.2.2. And also unbricked.

Hope this helps.

PS Thanks to sammyz for the 2.2.2 link.

I need HELP i think i need LG OPTIMUS M DRIVERS CAN NOT find'em anywhere. my phone is in FASTBOOT MODE but when i get to the LGNPST part i get a MASSAGE says' Fail to load the skin.dll and im thinking is cause the drivers or i dont know so i want to start again but the drivers not there anymore or some HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!

Upvote 0
I need HELP i think i need LG OPTIMUS M DRIVERS CAN NOT find'em anywhere. my phone is in FASTBOOT MODE but when i get to the LGNPST part i get a MASSAGE says' Fail to load the skin.dll and im thinking is cause the drivers or i dont know so i want to start again but the drivers not there anymore or some HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!

Uninstall and reinstall LGNPST.

Upvote 0
Are you sure your trying to open the cracked exe? the one that comes with the download is not useable, the download also supplies the cracked one.

They look identical

Upvote 0
I usually don't lose patience and post because I always figure it out but maybe someone can make my life way easier before I get home today. I sold my LG Optimus M online and realized it has the blackscreen bug so I tried to flash the kernel fix and ended up on the LG screen boot loop. So I came here and have been trying to get LGNPST working but mediafire doesn't host the files anymore so I found them elsewhere on the forum but the files were newer so I couldn't follow these instructions verbatim and still can't get LGNPST to work with my phone. I use an LG Esteem and have the drivers on my pc so when I try to install the drivers again for the LG Optimus it basically tells me they are updated and I shouldn't install old drivers. Can't find the Esteem in Device Manager to uninstall its drivers so I can get this going. I need to ship this Optimus by Monday so hoping to fix it tonight so I can relax tomorrow. Thanks in advance (because I know you rock) guys! Oh, p.s. the LG Optimus is running CM7...not sure if there has been an updated version but it's been over a year since I flashed anything on that phone.

Upvote 0
I know, which is why I am posting about the LG Optimus M. Please read the post before yelling at me. I also have an LG Esteem. The problem I posted about is that I think my LG Esteem drivers are telling my PC that they are the updated version of the LG Optimus M drivers, so I have to find my LG Esteem drivers to uninstall them so I can fix my Optimus M which has the LG Screen problem right now. Thanks!

Upvote 0
I just plugged my LG Esteem in to attempt to uninstall the drivers so I can install the LG Optimus drivers. It is telling me I have no drivers for this device! I am going to try to work around this by using a different computer. I am mainly concerned about making sure LGNPST is working with the Optimus before I move to the next step. Question: Can anyone clarify what the OP meant about the emergency tab proving LGNPST is working fine? When I plug in the Optimus, it shows a phone is connected in LGNPST but I'm not able to tell much else and clicking the Emergency button does nothing.

Upvote 0
I just plugged my LG Esteem in to attempt to uninstall the drivers so I can install the LG Optimus drivers. It is telling me I have no drivers for this device! I am going to try to work around this by using a different computer. I am mainly concerned about making sure LGNPST is working with the Optimus before I move to the next step. Question: Can anyone clarify what the OP meant about the emergency tab proving LGNPST is working fine? When I plug in the Optimus, it shows a phone is connected in LGNPST but I'm not able to tell much else and clicking the Emergency button does nothing.

Uninstall and reinstall LGNPST. That will remove the drivers that are installed.

Reactions: sammyz
Upvote 0
Dude please let someone who can read help me. The drivers are for the PHONE not LGNPST

The simplest way to do this: don't plug in any phone, go into the add/remove programs, find the lg drivers and un-install 'em. Then download the driver for the Optimus M and install it. It's that simple.

Edit: You won't find any thing in the add/remove that'll say Esteem. You just need to look for lg.

Upvote 0
The simplest way to do this: don't plug in any phone, go into the add/remove programs, find the lg drivers and un-install 'em. Then download the driver for the Optimus M and install it. It's that simple.

Edit: You won't find any thing in the add/remove that'll say Esteem. You just need to look for lg.

Thank you for trying lol my Esteem decided the drivers would be screwy when I plugged it in trying to find the driver and I don't know a whole lot about drivers so I decided on a work around: I fixed my problem by using a different PC that has never had a phone plugged into it before. Thanks again!

Upvote 0
Good day please help me all that have tried does not work falls oshibka.Sam phone ask for the first time with no problems but now instead LH logo logo Metro visit.Bolshe proshivvatsya not want to reach 34% and gives "the number of bad blok exceeded the limit please replace flush "Even I do not know where kopat.Napravte on track

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones