1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Unbrick Phone from LG Screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by joneidy, Jun 27, 2011.

1. sail31

sail31 Lurker
    None

Nov 17, 2012
    I have installed the necessary drivers and software. I can see my phones MED and phone number on the LG recovery tool. It looks like it will work. I have a new phone that I bought and same number. If I restore my phone, will this conflict with my new phone. I want to be able to use this LG phone as a BROWSER, but not a working PHONE. ..

My original problem was that I could not get past the setup wizard. So I bought a new phone.
    Now I would like to use this as a Browser, not a Phone.

Many thanks in advance:eek:

Advertisement

2. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid
    None

Jun 3, 2011
    Male
    Video Production
    Sunrise, Fl
    just follow the guide and the MEID will be screwed so phone wont work.

3. GabrielH21

GabrielH21 Lurker
    None

Nov 25, 2012
    Dude, you are a god. Thanks for this. I bricked my sister's phone trying upgrade her to a more recent version and your guide got me out of feeling like a ******. I have a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 running a JellyBean rom, so I'm not used to a garbage phone like my sisters. I have a degree in MIS and still I struggled to get this right because of not being able to register the MS690.dll file in LGNPST. What worked for me was the running the cmd prompt as an administrator and putting the path in quotes. The .dll file registered correctly and was in the LGNPST program as an option. Worked like a charm. http://www.androidforums.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

4. Danny831

Danny831 Lurker
    None

Dec 1, 2012
    CALIFORNIA
    does anybody know where could i download DRIVERS for LG OPtimus M?? the link upthere doesnt take to the download please HELP!!

5. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid
    None

Jun 3, 2011
    Male
    Video Production
    Sunrise, Fl
  6. Danny831

Danny831 Lurker
    None

Dec 1, 2012
    CALIFORNIA

I need HELP i think i need LG OPTIMUS M DRIVERS CAN NOT find'em anywhere. my phone is in FASTBOOT MODE but when i get to the LGNPST part i get a MASSAGE says' Fail to load the skin.dll and im thinking is cause the drivers or i dont know so i want to start again but the drivers not there anymore or some HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!

7. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid
    None

Jun 3, 2011
    Male
    Video Production
    Sunrise, Fl
    Uninstall and reinstall LGNPST.

8. new optimus

new optimus Android Expert
    None

Mar 10, 2011
    Jax Fl
    Are you sure your trying to open the cracked exe? the one that comes with the download is not useable, the download also supplies the cracked one.

They look identical

9. maine90

maine90 Lurker
    None

Jan 16, 2013
    arrrggghhhh i need lgnpst can you guys repost the link to download it my phone keeps being stuck on lg logo and turning off

10. olo Malice olo

None

Mar 13, 2012
    Female
    Data Collector
    Michigan
    I usually don't lose patience and post because I always figure it out but maybe someone can make my life way easier before I get home today. I sold my LG Optimus M online and realized it has the blackscreen bug so I tried to flash the kernel fix and ended up on the LG screen boot loop. So I came here and have been trying to get LGNPST working but mediafire doesn't host the files anymore so I found them elsewhere on the forum but the files were newer so I couldn't follow these instructions verbatim and still can't get LGNPST to work with my phone. I use an LG Esteem and have the drivers on my pc so when I try to install the drivers again for the LG Optimus it basically tells me they are updated and I shouldn't install old drivers. Can't find the Esteem in Device Manager to uninstall its drivers so I can get this going. I need to ship this Optimus by Monday so hoping to fix it tonight so I can relax tomorrow. Thanks in advance (because I know you rock) guys! Oh, p.s. the LG Optimus is running CM7...not sure if there has been an updated version but it's been over a year since I flashed anything on that phone.

11. olo Malice olo

None

Mar 13, 2012
    Female
    Data Collector
    Michigan
    I should also note LGNPST does recognize A PHONE when the Optimus is plugged in with the S/W Update screen on. I am not sure what the OP means about the Emergency Tab showing if the phone is connected.

12. AndroidMoo

AndroidMoo Member
    None

Nov 4, 2012
    Male
    Colombia, Meta, Villavicencio
    This is for the LG Optimus M. Not the lg esteem.

13. olo Malice olo

None

Mar 13, 2012
    Female
    Data Collector
    Michigan
    I know, which is why I am posting about the LG Optimus M. Please read the post before yelling at me. I also have an LG Esteem. The problem I posted about is that I think my LG Esteem drivers are telling my PC that they are the updated version of the LG Optimus M drivers, so I have to find my LG Esteem drivers to uninstall them so I can fix my Optimus M which has the LG Screen problem right now. Thanks!

14. olo Malice olo

None

Mar 13, 2012
    Female
    Data Collector
    Michigan
    I just plugged my LG Esteem in to attempt to uninstall the drivers so I can install the LG Optimus drivers. It is telling me I have no drivers for this device! I am going to try to work around this by using a different computer. I am mainly concerned about making sure LGNPST is working with the Optimus before I move to the next step. Question: Can anyone clarify what the OP meant about the emergency tab proving LGNPST is working fine? When I plug in the Optimus, it shows a phone is connected in LGNPST but I'm not able to tell much else and clicking the Emergency button does nothing.

15. AndroidMoo

AndroidMoo Member
    None

Nov 4, 2012
    Male
    Colombia, Meta, Villavicencio
    Uninstall and reinstall LGNPST. That will remove the drivers that are installed.

sammyz likes this.
  16. olo Malice olo

None

Mar 13, 2012
    Female
    Data Collector
    Michigan
    Dude please let someone who can read help me. The drivers are for the PHONE not LGNPST

17. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert
    None

Feb 7, 2011
    Male
    IBM SSR
    DFW, TX
    The simplest way to do this: don't plug in any phone, go into the add/remove programs, find the lg drivers and un-install 'em. Then download the driver for the Optimus M and install it. It's that simple.

Edit: You won't find any thing in the add/remove that'll say Esteem. You just need to look for lg.

18. olo Malice olo

None

Mar 13, 2012
    Female
    Data Collector
    Michigan

Thank you for trying lol my Esteem decided the drivers would be screwy when I plugged it in trying to find the driver and I don't know a whole lot about drivers so I decided on a work around: I fixed my problem by using a different PC that has never had a phone plugged into it before. Thanks again!

19. Zathen

Zathen Lurker
    None

Aug 13, 2012
    Male
    Roselle, New Jersey, United States
    Could you please re-post the ".dll"? It's the only file I need. I've done this process before but on my dad's laptop and I no longer have it. It stupidly wrote a clockworkmod as a recovery.img and now my phone is stuck on the LG screen.:(

20. ThrowBack 330

ThrowBack 330 Newbie
    None

May 25, 2013
    Male
    Worcester, MA
    Anyone know where I can get the MS690.dll download link ?

21. new optimus

new optimus Android Expert
    None

Mar 10, 2011
    Jax Fl
  22. amigope

amigope Lurker
    None

Jul 26, 2013
    u need
    lg mobile suppor tool + good cable usb no generic

1 open lgmspt go to options go to upgrade recovery
    enter med
    10 minut....... of u time and ready :p:p:p:p:p

y no work do hard reset push home + down vol + and power :D:D:D:D

23. serega1223

serega1223 Lurker
    None

Jan 11, 2014
    Good day please help me all that have tried does not work falls oshibka.Sam phone ask for the first time with no problems but now instead LH logo logo Metro visit.Bolshe proshivvatsya not want to reach 34% and gives "the number of bad blok exceeded the limit please replace flush "Even I do not know where kopat.Napravte on track

24. hillbilly352

hillbilly352 Lurker
    None

Jul 7, 2012
    my lgl34c dosent have a camera button...how yo proceed

Tags: