• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unexplained battery Drain on LG G5

Azaran

Lurker
Jan 24, 2017
So I've had my LG G5 for about 6 months now (not rooted), and recently from one day to the next, the battery started draining more than twice as fast. It used to be at 50% after 10 hours of fairly intense usage, but overnight it's draining 1% a minute.

- There's no difference in Apps usage from before (it lists Chrome as the main one, Android OS when idle)
- I tried restarting about 10 times now, even removing and readding the battery, to no avail
- Wifi on or off makes no difference
- I've made no new updates or installation recently
- Turning off active apps running in the background, makes no difference
- The battery is not overheating

I suspect the battery itself might be on its deathbed, but it's hard to believe that after only 6 months. My old Nexus 5, after 2 years, still held almost the same charge as when it was brand new.

Anyone else experience this?

Does the phone get hot? If so, you might have a stuck process or bad app. If the phone stays pretty much the same temperature, shows the same power use under system>battery, then , yeah, it's probably the battery failing. Sometimes they just go like that. Did you ever let the battery discharge completely and then let it sit for a while? That could damage a Li-ion battery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones