• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unidentified alarm sound without notification

katta72807

Lurker
Sep 8, 2017
I'm getting a sound and vibration starting at random with no notification appearing, so I can't stop it without restarting the phone. I close all open apps and it still continues. It has even started while I am on a call, which is so annoying. And it is only since I have moved to the S20.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to identify the app? I have no alarms set, no calendar event, nothing that I can identify. It has occurred a few times now.

The volume is controlled by the ringtone volume setting, but the sound is not a ringtone or notification sound or any sound setting.

Last edited:
It happened again, 6 days after the last time. Nothing appears in recently sent notifications (the latest was 7 minute earlier). I've now installed Nice Catch.

I've identified the most likely candidate is Skype for Business that I use for work. It has its own audio. Still no solution but at least I think I know the culprit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones