• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help UnityAdsVideoCache

It's apparently being created as a result of an app that you have installed that contains ads. Several different culprits are identified in this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-2/274155-applifier-video-cache.html (most notably the Hill Climber Racing game).

Is that folder created in your "SD card"? If so, you might try this:

- turn off wi-fi and 3G/4G temporarily (so that the offending app cannot communicate with the outside world)
- remove the "unityadsvideocache" folder again
- manually create the "unityadsvideocache" folder with a file browser (i.e., using the same one that you removed it with I would imagine)
- turn wi-fi and 3G/4G back on

My rationale for the above is that ownership/permission of the file browser creating that folder first before the spamming advertisement might keep the spamming ad s/w from adding those video files to that folder because it wasn't the one that created it.

This might not work depending on your version of Android but then again...it might :) and is an easy thing to try/do.

BTW, the suggestion in that AC thread to create a .nomedia file won't help--that will just hide those files from being presented by some apps.

Upvote 0
If you were rooted, I would think an ad-blocker app might help...but I think I'd go the route of not using the offending apps that create such files.

It's kind of difficult to keep an app from creating it's own files in your external storage, which is why I suggested trying to hijack the folder creation process and have it created by another app that might keep the spamming app from populating that folder with the video files.

You could also empty-out the video files--i.e., set their file size to zero--instead of deleting the video files or the folder...that might screw-up the ad-app enough that it won't be able work properly :p. Lemme know if you want to do that--it will take temporarily installing a Terminal Emulator app and typing in some commands on your phone.

Interestingly enough, it appears that the source code for the spamming app is actually on-line / open-source:

I found references to the offending "unityadsvideocache" folder and how it's created and used--doesn't help us much here, though.

Upvote 0
ive been trying to delete this folder called "unityadsvideocache" which has aboout 3unwanted vids in it and I think I never downloaded such vids. They are like ads vid. Any idea how to delete this folder, cause it keeps coming back to my phone even delete it like thousands of time. :(
I have a solution! Follow these steps:
1. Download ES File Manager.
2. Search the UnityAdsVideoCache folder.
3. Delete the folder.
4. Open the menu and select add file.
5. Rename the file as "UnityAdsVideoCache".
And now the ad folder stays away from your phone. When the app tries to add the folder, it fails with a reason "That file does already exist."

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
No, it is not rooted. The solution doesn't need root.

Thanks, just wanting to be sure...it's possible that being able to delete or rename the folder in question will only work on older versions of Android (i.e., before Google locked-down the SD card folders from world-write access, etc.).

What is the version of Android that you're using?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones