1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Unlock galaxy ace

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by roshan2004, Aug 10, 2012.

1. roshan2004

roshan2004 Lurker

i forgot my unlock code and since this phone actually belongs to my friend who gave it to me before going to abroad, I don't know his gmail address as well. SO, please tell me the steps to unlock this phone Ace, thanks in advance

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. zZzACEzZz

zZzACEzZz Well-Known Member

U have to do a factory reset but u might lose all data

3. ayush29k

ayush29k Android Expert

Factory reset, no other way and you will loose all phone memory data.
    Better find a way to get the gmail account details if you don't wanna loose the data.

4. roshan2004

roshan2004 Lurker

Losing data would be fine rather than being stuck with this partially functioning phone, please tell me the step to format this phone.

5. ayush29k

ayush29k Android Expert

You need to turn on your phone in recovery mode, you can do that by powering on the phone by holding power button + home button, keep them pressed until a yellow colored menu appears.

On that menu click on the Data/Factory reset option, and then click yes.

After it is done, select the reboot system option.

Use volume keys to navigate up/down, power button to go back and home button to select the option.
    You will loose your messages, contacts, calender etc, and even apps. Bought apps can be downloaded again from the store without paying again, given you use the same google account to log in the store from which they were bought from. It will be just like it was fresh out of the box.

Samsung Galaxy Ace Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Ace release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 278GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1350mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews