1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support unlock screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bweave, Aug 17, 2010.

1. bweave

bweave Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2010
    I would love to stop using the HTC lock screen and use only the pattern unlock - any ideas how to do that?

Advertisement

2. AnotherHiggins

AnotherHiggins Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    NC
    I *thihnk* WidgetLocker will do that. I know you can choose "No Slider" as an option and I'm pretty sure it supports Pattern Unlock - but I've never tried it. If I have time (and no one else has already come up with an answer), I'll try in a bit.

3. jreagan

jreagan Active Member

Mar 4, 2010
    Nicholasville KY
    Can anybody with a Froyo update tell us how the lock screen has changed? I read that with 2.2, you can how have a PIN code or a password in addition to the pattern.

4. AnotherHiggins

Jun 10, 2010
    NC
    Forgot to post back.... I'm not sure *exactly* how you want it to function, but WidgetLocker can, indeed, be set up so that you press a key to bring up the Unlock Pattern without ever viewing a slider.

Is that the behavior you're looking for?

5. bweave

bweave Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2010
    That is what I am looking for but have been unable to get Widgetlocker to perform in that function. Can you tell me what settings you are using?

Thanks,

6. AnotherHiggins

Jun 10, 2010
    NC
    Sure.

First, just enable an Unlock Pattern (has nothing to do with WidgetLocker). So while your phone is unlocked, go to Menu > Settings > Security > Set Unlock Pattern

Now go to the Tool Mode of WidgetLocker (you can just open it from the app drawer).

Go to Menu > Settings and check the box beside Widget Locker Enabled (obviously).

Go to Menu > Settings > Buttons & Inputs and check the box beside a button that you want to trigger the Unlock Pattern screen. For example, you might enable Back Button Unlock (the first thing on the list on that page).

Go to Menu > Settings > Look & Feel > Slider & Layout > No Slider.

Is that what you want?

[edit: deleted extra word]

bweave likes this.
  7. bweave

bweave Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2010
    perfect - Thanks!!

8. AnotherHiggins

Jun 10, 2010
    NC
    Glad I could help!

9. Saniabdulkadir

Saniabdulkadir New Member

Jul 2, 2013
    Can u pls help with use of g account for unlocking htc desires z7272 pattern after see arak attempts thank

10. Saniabdulkadir

Saniabdulkadir New Member

Jul 2, 2013
    Can u pls help with use of g account for unlocking htc desires z7272 pattern after several attempts thank