• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unlock Wildfire?

I got my wildfire from carphonewarehouse and it was totally unlocked, try the sim first as I had a tattoo from vodafone, had the voda boot screen but still took a tmobile sim in it, just had to change the settings for the internet to tmobile

did your wildfire from CPW have a network logo on it, or was it unbranded? and how much was it?

Upvote 0
Found Mobile Unlocked (MU)whilst doing a search to try and get my HTC Wildfire on T-Mobile unlocked. After reading the reviews, I decided they seemed genuine enough to have a go. At first attempt, MU were unable to supply a code, which I half expected to be the case as the Wildfire is hard to unlock if it is less than 3 months old. MU refunded my money instantly, but asked that I try again using a different, slightly longer method (1-2 days rather than 15 mins). This I did and again initially this didn't work, but MU didn't give up. They tried a more expensive method, didn't charge me a penny more and were able to supply the code. Excellent, excellent and excellent. Thank you MU!

Upvote 0
Need your expert help. I have got a HTC Wildfire on Tesco network yesterday, and it does not accept my voda sim.

Tried the htcsimunlock.com (including upgrade to deep search) and MobilesUnlocked.com, but both sent me an email saying can't find the code. Both have sent me an email saying they will refund the money. Got to see how true is that.

I am planning to try the high street store tomorrow. Any advise will be well appreciated.

Should I return the phone. Will tesco accept after opening the box?

Upvote 0
All i got to say is-

HTCSimUnlock.com is a rip off site DO NOT USE

I tried there but got ripped off, they could not find my code, so wanted anothe $20, i went for a refund instead of paying another $20, but never got my money back. i emailed them about 6 or 7 times and just got some crappy spam like advert in reply.

Upvote 0
just tried- Mobileunlocked.co.uk got this reply within 5 mins -

"Hello,

Your IMEI unlock order for ############ could not be delivered because no unlock code could be found in the relevant database for the IMEI submitted or unlock tool chosen.

One of our staff will take a look at your order to see if something went wrong or if there's another way we can get your code with this tool. If you don't hear from us within 24 hours, you can consider this order cancelled"

also tried a guy off ebay last nite and got a code that didnt work, and got a refund today.

anyone any other suggestions ?

cheers D

Upvote 0
I tried to get my HTC Wildfire unlocked through HTCSimUnlock.com. I received an email within 15 mins saying that they do not have the code and that i should either try the deep search by paying extra or get an refund by logging into my account.

I can't log in to my account - every time I try it says 'Your order was already submitted'. No sign of an 'automatic' refund either - something they promise on their website!!

WARNING against HTCSimUnlock.com - stay well clear!!

Upvote 0
Seems funny to me how two or three people posting praise for mobileunlocked have very low or 1 post mmmmmmmmmmmm

I have no association to said website and only posted the above info to help other people, as i was having difficulty unlocking my phone. I think the problem being it was infact 'too new'.

The reason i have a low post count is ive never unlocked a phone before or had an android phone, so ive pretty much never had a reason to ever come on this forum. :)

Upvote 0
newbie here,:)
i've just bought a htc wildfire on 3 , yesterday i decided to try the above mentioned htcsimunlock, gutted that i got a email back within 10 minutes to say unable to find a code and if i want the exclusive deep search etc... which i dont think i'l bother with,but how quickly does the automatic refund get refunded?:thinking: ,it tells you login to contact them but when i login it just says in bold writing your order was already submitted

munjal have you had your refund yet?

any info much appreciated

Upvote 0
Hi,

I bought a HTC wildfire from Vodafone on my contract, but when I put another sim it allows me to call and receive calls on the new number. However, the signal bar has an R on top of it, I called vodafone to ask them but they suggest that they can't comment on it as I have another carriers sim in the phone.

I was wondering if any one has had this with other operators? Also if you have more information of how I will be charged from the other operater.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones