1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Unlocked phones thread

Discussion in 'Metro PCS' started by d3ath_rabbit, Nov 4, 2014.

1. d3ath_rabbit

d3ath_rabbit Lurker

Ok, so I want to make a list of some of the top tier unlocked phones out right now THAT ARE COMPATABLE ON METRO PCS. Please, don't list off the Samsung galaxy S5, I want to hear about phones I can't see on Metro PCS's website. I just don't know what phones I can upgrade to.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

Moto G 2013
    Moto G 2014
    Moto G 4G LTE
    Nexus 5
    Nexus 6

3. d3ath_rabbit

d3ath_rabbit Lurker

how do you know that the nexus 6 is going to be compatible with metro pcs? I mean other than someone telling you that it is? how would i know that? how would i know that any phone is compatible with metro pcs for that matter?

4. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

Well, for one, if it's compatible with T-Mobile, it'll be compatible with metroPCS. Two, do a little research and learn what frequencies T-Mobile/metroPCS use and then when looking at a phone, the write up will say what freqs it uses and then you can compare that to what you learned about T-Mobile/metroPCS freqs.

Kid09 likes this.
  5. fdbryant3

fdbryant3 Android Expert

The OnePlus One.

As for identifying what phones work on MetroPCS the simplest answer should be any phone that works on T-mobile should work on MetroPCS. Beyond that find out the frequencies that are used by T-mobile/MetroPCS and then check to see if a phone supports those frequencies.

alfick3 likes this.
  6. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

Ha, we said basically the same thing at almost the same time. :)

7. the hulk

the hulk Android Enthusiast

whats your budget?

8. Kid09

Kid09 Android Enthusiast

HTC One M8, Moto X 2014, Sony Xperia Z2, Sony Xperia Z3 and Z3 Compact

9. So the moto g 2014 will work perfect on metro pcs?! Inthinking about getting it i have the lg f6

alfick3 likes this.
  10. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

Yes it will work. I'm running the 2013 version of it. In my area of the Dallas metroplex, I get good reception and nice speeds; I think I average around 6 MB download. I know that's not any where near LTE speeds, but still plenty for my needs.

11. confed

confed Android Expert

It will not get LTE speeds but it's still a great phone. For browsing and such you won't really see a difference. Got the 2013 one like alfick for my mom and she loves it. The new one should be even better

12. So it only gets 4g speeds

13. Kid09

Kid09 Android Enthusiast

The 2014 one yes. The 2013 one has an LTE version.

14. Sorry if im asking too many questions but i was reading somewhere that it would only get 3g so im kinda confused and theres this other phone im lookting at the blu life vivo iv and also wanted to know if that one will work

15. Kid09

Kid09 Android Enthusiast

It's cool. Both the Moto G 2014 and Blu Life Vivo IV will give you 4g Hspa+ (it think 21Mbs for both). I'm not sure if Vivo IV if fully compatible as it is missig the 1700Mhz band that T-Mobile uses.

16. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

Technically, yes, it is only a 3G phone. All the service providers call HSPA+21 4G. The phone isn't 4G LTE though. So, it will get "4G" speeds up to 21MB download (but it'll never get real world speeds like that, more than likely about half that).

17. Sorry another weird question.. Does the moto g get 3g speeds along with the 4g speeds and metro runs on the 1700mhz and 1900 mhz or wich ones do they use...

18. Kid09

Kid09 Android Enthusiast

It gets both. Metro/T-Mobile runs on both of those bands.

19. Soo if a phone like blu vivo iv only gets the 1900 frequency then the service wont be so good right?...

20. Williamw545

Williamw545 Well-Known Member

How bout the LG Optimus G Pro E980 anyone know if this phone will work?

21. Kid09

Kid09 Android Enthusiast

Right, as you will most likely get 4g in certain areas. Look for these 4 bands on order to get full service, 850/1700/1900/2100 Mhz. 1700 is usually listed as AWS.

22. mrnyjet

mrnyjet Android Enthusiast

FYI, blu makes a 4g/lte phone which has the 1700 band and lte also. On amazon for about $170 unlocked. Works fine on both T-Mobile and at&t. Look for blue studio 5.0 LTE. Comes in four colors, with 5 inch screen and quad core chip. I have it and it works great. Only thing is replace stock launcher on blu phones with nova launcher.

23. I was looking to get a nicer screen hows the screen on that phone and does it have a quadcore?

24. confed

confed Android Expert

If your Target has the mobile setup you can test out the Blu phones as it is a major player in their Brightspot program.

25. Kid09

Kid09 Android Enthusiast

I kinda figured you were maybe looking for 720p or higher screens.