• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unlocked phones thread

Ok, so I want to make a list of some of the top tier unlocked phones out right now THAT ARE COMPATABLE ON METRO PCS. Please, don't list off the Samsung galaxy S5, I want to hear about phones I can't see on Metro PCS's website. I just don't know what phones I can upgrade to.

Well, for one, if it's compatible with T-Mobile, it'll be compatible with metroPCS. Two, do a little research and learn what frequencies T-Mobile/metroPCS use and then when looking at a phone, the write up will say what freqs it uses and then you can compare that to what you learned about T-Mobile/metroPCS freqs.

Reactions: Kid09
Upvote 0
So the moto g 2014 will work perfect on metro pcs?! Inthinking about getting it i have the lg f6
Yes it will work. I'm running the 2013 version of it. In my area of the Dallas metroplex, I get good reception and nice speeds; I think I average around 6 MB download. I know that's not any where near LTE speeds, but still plenty for my needs.

Upvote 0
Sorry if im asking too many questions but i was reading somewhere that it would only get 3g so im kinda confused and theres this other phone im lookting at the blu life vivo iv and also wanted to know if that one will work

It's cool. Both the Moto G 2014 and Blu Life Vivo IV will give you 4g Hspa+ (it think 21Mbs for both). I'm not sure if Vivo IV if fully compatible as it is missig the 1700Mhz band that T-Mobile uses.

Upvote 0
Sorry if im asking too many questions but i was reading somewhere that it would only get 3g so im kinda confused and theres this other phone im lookting at the blu life vivo iv and also wanted to know if that one will work
Technically, yes, it is only a 3G phone. All the service providers call HSPA+21 4G. The phone isn't 4G LTE though. So, it will get "4G" speeds up to 21MB download (but it'll never get real world speeds like that, more than likely about half that).
It's cool. Both the Moto G 2014 and Blu Life Vivo IV will give you 4g Hspa+ (it think 21Mbs for both). I'm not sure if Vivo IV if fully compatible as it is missig the 1700Mhz band that T-Mobile uses.

Upvote 0
FYI, blu makes a 4g/lte phone which has the 1700 band and lte also. On amazon for about $170 unlocked. Works fine on both T-Mobile and at&t. Look for blue studio 5.0 LTE. Comes in four colors, with 5 inch screen and quad core chip. I have it and it works great. Only thing is replace stock launcher on blu phones with nova launcher.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones