• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ***{Unofficial} Nightlies CM10.1 GS2 E4GT***

zimlokks

Android Expert
Oct 12, 2011
Los Angeles
Alright Guys/Ladies, This is was made possible by, dastin1015 for sharing his device tree, and his how to thread, also Team-Hydra for there kernel(GPL), their complete repo. And of course CyangenMod, For the best Rom ever and sharing all their code.

This is my first rom, and it's built from pure CM source using Team-Hydra's kernel, no other addon's or cherrypicks.

Change Logs!: here Not all inclusive but most of it should be(the none device specific stuff).

c4ypvbf.png

- Built from CM source
- Service
- Text
- Data
- Calls
- Audio
- WiFi
- UMS
- Google Now
- Bluetooth
- GPS
- MMS
- Video playback
- Audio playback
- 4G
- Camera
- Camcorder

bJO9QqG.png

- Camera Icon not there?(dont know why it doesnt show up in the app drawer, but its installed)--- A Data wipe brought it back.
- Same as Dastin's WFTN Releases.
- Dock Audio
-JB modem
- Standard CM 10.1 issues.
- I don't have an activated device.

2jpqfKR.png

- Do NOT use a JB modem
- Flash a safe recovery (if required)
- Flash an ICS modem (if required)
- Wipe everything except sdcards if coming from any ROM except CM10
- Wipe cache and dalvik-cache and after boot wipe data on clock if flashing new version from previous installation of CM10
- Wipe cache and dalvik-cache if flashing new version from previous installation of CM10.1
- Flash ROM
- Flash GAPPS (if new installation or coming from CM10)
- Reboot
- Change kernel governor and change back
- ???
- Profit

More Info:
To enable Developer Options and Performance go to Settings, About Phone and repeatedly press Build Number.
If you use ADB read this.

If you use reboot to recovery read this.

Regarding new Superuser.

Read the FAQ thread here before posting any questions in this thread.

Turn OFF calibration data BEFORE flashing the latest update.

Please search Dastins WFTN thread for problems before posting them here.

More Credit:
Thanks to dastin1015 as this wouldn't be possible without his hard work, as well as helping me get of the ground setting up my building envoirment, So stop by WFTN and give him a HUGE thanks!

Thanks to zach714 for helping me through some things i didnt know , as well as helping me set up my enviorment.

***If you believe you deserve credit and i didnt credit you please feel free to PM me and add you on :)***

Addon's:

GApp's: Here
Visual Voicemail:Here
Photosphere and other goodiesHere (Thanks to garner!)
Netflix Workaround: Here
Credit Where due.

***Standard Disclaimer Goes Here!***
Not I , anyone involved ,nor this Forums, In this case AndroidFourms.com, is responible for any damage(s) to your phone as a result of installing custom software(ROM). Please remember no one is forcing you to install this software on your D710(E4GT), it is being installed by you and only you. If you blame me or anyone for anything including but not limited to: bricked phone's, dead sdcard's, brain eating monster's, and the apocalypse, I will end up laughing and drinking my root beer.

In all seriousness please ask for help if in doubt, i will do my best to help.

***Standard Disclaimer Goes Here!***

Downloads Post #2

Reactions: DragonSlayer95
Reactions: DragonSlayer95
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones