• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unrevoked for Incredible (Recovery reflash tool/Easy root method)

You are fine. It says theres no sd-ext because there isn't one. Thats only for roms where they use apps2sd. The sd needs an ext partition on the sd card for it to be able to store and access the apps. Ext is a linux filesystem, like fat(32) and NTFS. Anyhow if you had a rom that used apps2sd and stored apps on the sd memory card then it would look for it to make a backup of that as well. In others words just ignore that for now.

Reactions: crimton
Upvote 0
You are fine. It says theres no sd-ext because there isn't one. Thats only for roms where they use apps2sd. The sd needs an ext partition on the sd card for it to be able to store and access the apps. Ext is a linux filesystem, like fat(32) and NTFS. Anyhow if you had a rom that used apps2sd and stored apps on the sd memory card then it would look for it to make a backup of that as well. In others words just ignore that for now.

thanks for that, also if i did want to remove city id now, would i just connect usb then go to recovery or can i just do all that on the p[hone now?

Upvote 0
thanks for that, also if i did want to remove city id now, would i just connect usb then go to recovery or can i just do all that on the p[hone now?

I have no idea, i removed all that by getting into the recovery mode with the adb loop. I'm guessing you should be able to boot to clockwork recovery mode and then adb shell into that. I'm not 100% sure. Give it a try, the worst thing that can happen is it doesn't work and you'll need to do the loop.bat/sd card timing trick to get back into it to remove the files, which isn't that bad but hopefully this will bypass that. Let me know what you find, i'd be interested to find out myself.

Upvote 0
Nandroid Backup:

1. Shut the phone off.

2. Boot the phone holding the volume down + power button.

3. Choose "recovery" then click the power button. (htc incredible logo will show momentarily)

4. Once in the clockworkmod recovery console press vol down and highlight "nandroid".

5. Click the joystick button to enter the nandroid screen.

6. You will have 3 options: Backup, Restore, Advance Restore.

7. Choose "Backup" (highlighted by default).

8. Click the joystick to create the backup. (This may take several minutes to finish)

9. Click the power button to go back 1 menu, and highlight "reboot system now".

10. You are done.

Within the clockworkmod recovery app you will use the joystick button to select and the power button to go back to a previous menu. The volume up and down will move the selection cursor up or down the list.

Where does this save to? The SD Card?

Upvote 0
Correct. It makes a clockworkmod folder and then a backup folder within that. Then it creates folders for each time you back it up sorted by the date it was created.

Nice! I've been backing up my SD card to my computer periodically because I've had to format it like 3 times since I've purchased this phone because of errors on the drive. I"m backing up now so after I'm done I'll make a copy of my SD card and save it on my computer. Just in case!

Upvote 0
Nice! I've been backing up my SD card to my computer periodically because I've had to format it like 3 times since I've purchased this phone because of errors on the drive. I"m backing up now so after I'm done I'll make a copy of my SD card and save it on my computer. Just in case!

Good idea, i should do the same. I have mine loaded up with a bunch of movies and such (trailer park boys seasons 1-7).

Upvote 0
I have no idea, i removed all that by getting into the recovery mode with the adb loop. I'm guessing you should be able to boot to clockwork recovery mode and then adb shell into that. I'm not 100% sure. Give it a try, the worst thing that can happen is it doesn't work and you'll need to do the loop.bat/sd card timing trick to get back into it to remove the files, which isn't that bad but hopefully this will bypass that. Let me know what you find, i'd be interested to find out myself.

ok i think you just get into adb shell the same way as before..through the tools folder. once in go to system mount and i think you can rm things

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones