• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Upcoming Verizon 4G Droid Phones...

Hi there black reef, well first off, its hard to determine what you would use the phone for, are you a rooter? do you like roms, and kernels, etc, etc

the nexus has a few bugs that are just unacceptable by some users.
the razrmaxx im not sure what issues it has, i do know build quality wise, moto is the best among android phones.

i have the nexus, and i am completely unhappy with it, im thinking i may switch the the razr maxx in all honesty, the call quality of my nexus, and the signal strength is just the weakest thing in the world... when i was on my DX roms, were easy, they because obvious that the DX was still a powerhouse and was getting all these roms, the dx currently has a better working build of ICS than just about any other device.

it is really all your choice, my choice is mine, play with each phone, see what you like, the razr will get ICS, no doubt about it, but an upgrade after that? i dont think so, but i could be wrong, and i hope i am

Upvote 0
I've had both...the Nexus' screen is way better and ICS is pretty slick, but just about every other comparison I could make, the Razr Maxx is better. Battery life is amazing, call quality is really good, signal strength is really good....the Nexus' speaker absolutely sucks, the signal is terrible, the battery barely lasts a day for me and that was with having to be REALLY careful, and call quality could be better.

Upvote 0
Thanks. Isn't the Razr Maxx going to get ICS in the near future anyways?

I dont root, never used roms, etc. I just use the phone as its made and enjoy the features.

is there any upcoming phones that are going to be released in the near future that I should possibly hold off for?

One of the next "flagship" type phones rumored to be released on Verizon is the Fighter. Rumored to be released today, but I sure that's not going to happen. One other site said maybe a June release, but at this point, any guess is as good as another.

Here's a link to the site suggestion the June release. Also shows a lot of specs, which should definately NOT be considered "cast-in-stone" spefications.

Motorola DROID Fighter Specs | Technical Datasheet | PDAdb.net

If most is true, it's on the short list to be my next phone.

Here's to good luck for all of us....

Upvote 0
Hello, I have an original Droid X. I love it, but its time for an upgrade.

I was thinking about a Razr Maxx or the Nexus. Opinions between the two?

Or, should I hold off a month or two for something better that may come out?

Thanks (I am with verizon, btw)

There will always be a better phone in 2-3 months. Best bet is to just pick one up you like. I just got the Razr Maxx and it's an excellent phone. Only slight complaint I have is the charging port up top, but it wasn't a deal breaker. I took it over the Nexus since it has an SD card slot, a much bigger battery and the Kevlar backing with Gorilla Glass.

Upvote 0
I'm hoping for either the Droid Fighter or the SG3. We should know more on the SG3 soon...
Samsung Sets Date to Unveil the “Next Galaxy” – May 3 in London, We Get to See the Galaxy SIII – Droid Life

If the S3 goes on sale in Europe this June as expected, we probably won't see it in the states till end of the year. I will have a look at it but I am awfully spoiled by my Maxx and its battery life. A dual core phone with a large HD display running on LTE will destroy battery life. If its anything under 2000mah, it will be dead within 6 hours of moderate use. Can never go back to that. I am holding out hope the Fighter/Razr HD comes with the same battery the Maxx does. Would be awesome.

Upvote 0
If the S3 goes on sale in Europe this June as expected, we probably won't see it in the states till end of the year. I will have a look at it but I am awfully spoiled by my Maxx and its battery life. A dual core phone with a large HD display running on LTE will destroy battery life. If its anything under 2000mah, it will be dead within 6 hours of moderate use. Can never go back to that. I am holding out hope the Fighter/Razr HD comes with the same battery the Maxx does. Would be awesome.

Yeah, I'm hoping something a little more official regarding the RAZR HD/Fighter comes from the CTIA show next month. Early May, I believe... like May 7th?

Or maybe sooner, (regarding some official info on the phones) but that could be just wishful thinking on my part.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones