• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Update on the update, explanations, and - what bugs remain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies if this has already been reported, but here are a couple what I believe to be bugs:
  1. When moving threads, the Destination Forum drop-down selector is a jumbled mess. Specifically, the section headers are dark gray on dark blue, and thus almost impossible to read (tested with IE10 and latest Chrome). Also, within a section the forum names are not in any discernible order (e.g., Nexus One, Nexus 4, Nexus 6, Nexus 5).
  2. Replying to a thread inherits the formatting from the previous reply (or maybe it inherits the formatting of the OP). See http://androidforums.com/threads/font-on-poweramp-not-large-enough.892353/ for an example. When I replied, everything was centered, until I went back and edited it to left-justify. I think the default for replying to a thread should be the same as for starting a thread - left-justified, serif font, non-bold/italic.

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0
Apologies if this has already been reported, but here are a couple what I believe to be bugs:
  1. When moving threads, the Destination Forum drop-down selector is a jumbled mess. Specifically, the section headers are dark gray on dark blue, and thus almost impossible to read (tested with IE10 and latest Chrome). Also, within a section the forum names are not in any discernible order (e.g., Nexus One, Nexus 4, Nexus 6, Nexus 5).
  2. Replying to a thread inherits the formatting from the previous reply (or maybe it inherits the formatting of the OP). See http://androidforums.com/threads/font-on-poweramp-not-large-enough.892353/ for an example. When I replied, everything was centered, until I went back and edited it to left-justify. I think the default for replying to a thread should be the same as for starting a thread - left-justified, serif font, non-bold/italic.
I'm not seeing the color issues you mention in #1, but the jumbled order is known about. I'm not seeing #2 at all.

Upvote 0
Here's an example of the color issue (see thumbnail):
af.png
Can you reads what's above Android Questions and Android Applications? I'm seeing this on two different devices with four different browsers. This may not be the best example, since what's at the top of the list is self-evident. However, it's really difficult when scrolling through that gigantic list and missing the fact you just left the Phones section and entered the Tablets or Wearable Devices section. Just changing that gray to something like cyan or yellow would be immensely helpful. Or maybe it's just my old eyes… :p

Upvote 0
Can best answer be expanded beyond just support threads? Seems like it can be especially useful in tips and root threads for example.

I'd like to see it anywhere where we offer support on any thread. Just eliminate it in lounge and staff areas. There are dozens of threads in Android Applications where it could apply, ditto News & Talk.

Also, can the threshold be lowered enough so a staff vote credits it. IIRC that would be 3 points so three regular members votes or one staff member vote make it a best answer. I think EM has received the only best answer since it went live and I know @Mr. Lucky and @Hadron off the top of my head deserve several for their help in the Android Questions forum.

Upvote 0
Nope, I've voted up Hadron earlier this morning.

And why not Lounge and staff threads? Questions get answered everywhere.

It's seven points to be marked best answer right now. Staff / VIP are worth 3 points, registered+ are worth 1 point, registered are worth 0:wtfdroid:. I've been marking anything I see, but it would take four registered+ (whatever that is) or another staff and an R+ to also mark it best answer.

And I see your point about support being everywhere. I was just shooting off the cuff there. I guess the biggest places for abuse or stat padding would be PCA & Forum Games. I included the lounges (The Lounge / VIP) and staff areas due to the off topic Watering hole type threads, but there are only a few of those. There is a lot of real questions answered there too.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
It's seven points to be marked best answer right now. Staff / VIP are worth 3 points, registered+ are worth 1 point, registered are worth 0:wtfdroid:. I've been marking anything I see, but it would take four registered+ (whatever that is) or another staff and an R+ to also mark it best answer.

Registered plus is the usergroup for members with >25 posts.

Upvote 0
Registered plus is the usergroup for members with >25 posts.
So the person in Android Questions best able to determine if a post solves their problem and most likely has less than 25 posts gets no vote on whether your post was a good answer. Brilliant.:rolleyes::p

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones