• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Update script not working for me

Hey all!

Just wiped/formatted and reinstalled velocity 1.

But it's not letting me update my scripts. Keeps telling me I have the latest, but i still have the old first version. I am running su.

Any ideas, mates? Trying to figure out what i'm doing wrong, or if there is a work around.

Thanks!

P.S. Velocity is still rocking my socks on a daily basis =D

I guess that you have internet access to your phone when your running terminal emulator? Are you running any kind of firewall that may be blocking a connection? I'm at version25 just fyi.
If you go to (1)cosmetic changes and (3)change theme, does it fetch the online manifest?

If none of this helps try posting at http://androidforums.com/velocity/287300-velocity-script.html
savoxis is pretty good about answering questions about his scripts in this thread.

Reactions: drewsephvladmir
Upvote 0
I guess that you have internet access to your phone when your running terminal emulator? Are you running any kind of firewall that may be blocking a connection? I'm at version25 just fyi.
If you go to (1)cosmetic changes and (3)change theme, does it fetch the online manifest?

If none of this helps try posting at http://androidforums.com/velocity/287300-velocity-script.html
savoxis is pretty good about answering questions about his scripts in this thread.

I'm getting this error when I enter Terminal Emulator:
/cache/velocity/intro.txt: No such file or directory
It shows up when it tries to fetch the online manifest

Upvote 0
I was also unable to update scripts after reinstalling Velocity 1.0 (greatest ROM for any phone ever) and after trying your manual update command discovered my System partition was set to read-only. I'm sure there's an easier command to mount it as read-write, but I used Root Explorer and then it worked great. Thank you!

Also, some of the main menu lines are kind of awkward when I'm with my girlfriend, are they written out in a place I can edit them on my phone?

Upvote 0
Force an update manually.
Make sure you have at least a 3g connection
Open a terminal
Type the Following:

Code:
su
wget -O /system/bin/velocity http://184.106.76.138/velocity/scripts/velocity
chmod 777 /system/bin/velocity

After I had to reflash Velocity I am having issues with this...when I type in the code in terminal emulator, I get a message saying "wget:invalid option". What am I not doing right? Any help would be appreciated. Thanx

Upvote 0
2 things:

The only way this would fail to work is if your not typing the commands correctly. Or if you have no connection to the net.

The script (if you ran the manual command) would "install" to Frunisher, but it does have a few dependencies, so alot of the features would be broken and there is a fairly high likelyhood of you throwing your phone for a loop

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones