• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [UPDATED 28/12 - NEW INSTALLER] CyanogenMod 7/Android 2.3.4 Is avaliable for GT540!

I dont think its possible to have multitouch on the gt540, I believe the're looking to do dualtouch which is different.

The Joestone ROM looks nice but is very slow on the development front as the guy does it in his spare time, and at present a lot of it still does not work, ie SD card mounting, which is not good for me.

The bad battery life on the Mur4ik's ROM I think is more down to the extras CM7 puts in than the ROM itself. It should get a lot better when the new kernels are done.

Hmm I guess so, wouldn't it mean that we'd have pinch to zoom etc.?

That's what I was starting to this as well, CM may give better performance, but at the cost of battery life it seems..

Upvote 0
Hi,
I have the overscrolling menu setup, but what I'm after is the same effect as you see on the video posted just above. Where, when he scrolls through the apps menu, it looks as though they are on a cylinder or something similar. So that as they scroll, they go from small to large as they get to the centre of the screen, if you know what I mean. I am beginning to think it must be a seperatre app that has been used to get this effect.
Ian

Upvote 0
Hi,
I have the overscrolling menu setup, but what I'm after is the same effect as you see on the video posted just above. Where, when he scrolls through the apps menu, it looks as though they are on a cylinder or something similar. So that as they scroll, they go from small to large as they get to the centre of the screen, if you know what I mean. I am beginning to think it must be a seperatre app that has been used to get this effect.
Ian

Ah you want the 3D effect in the app drawer. You need to use either ADW Launcher or LauncherPro for that

Reactions: gizmo001i
Upvote 0
Yeah I saw that yesterday too, what's the MIUI ROM all about?

It's another custom ROM like CyanogenMod, except it's made by the Chinese developers. It is a combination of iPhone looks and Android system. It's a bit faster. But, still suffering the battery drain problems.

2.3.1, a bit outdated, and I prefer the customization of CM. Not sure what impact it'd have on my battery life. Also there are quite a few things missing.. but I guess that'll be sorted with time

I don't feel there are any big differences between 2.3.1, 2.3.2 or 2.3.3. Joestone's ROM has a great battery life indeed. It's my own personal experience that I ran it for 2 days with almost 50% battery left.

This confuses me a bit because multitouch isn't fully down to the software. Multitouch is limited to capacitive touch screens (the screen the Nexus S or iPhone has, it's very sensitive, you use a light touch to make it work) the GT540 has a resistive touch screen (the screen goes in when you press it and you need more force to make it work). As far as I know, multitouch is limited to only capacitive touch screens, so it'll be interesting to see how this works. Of course it'd be brilliant if it did :D

Multi touch and Dual touch are two different concepts. In Multi touch you can have 3 or more simultaneous touches where as in dual touch you have only two. Multi touch is only for Capacitive screens. Dual touch is possible for Resistive touch screens.

Upvote 0
The Joestone ROM looks nice but is very slow on the development front as the guy does it in his spare time, and at present a lot of it still does not work, ie SD card mounting, which is not good for me.
Recently, Joestone has decided to take help from the Russians and Poles and I hope this would make the development process a bit faster and fix more bugs.

Upvote 0
It's another custom ROM like CyanogenMod, except it's made by the Chinese developers. It is a combination of iPhone looks and Android system. It's a bit faster. But, still suffering the battery drain problems.

Oh right cool. Definitely like to try that when it comes out :D

I don't feel there are any big differences between 2.3.1, 2.3.2 or 2.3.3. Joestone's ROM has a great battery life indeed. It's my own personal experience that I ran it for 2 days with almost 50% battery left.

That's because there aren't any big differences between the 3, 2.3.3 is the most blugless up-to-date version.. Ah I just wish CM didn't have terrible battery life, maybe that'll get sorted when/if we get that updated kernel

Multi touch and Dual touch are two different concepts. In Multi touch you can have 3 or more simultaneous touches where as in dual touch you have only two. Multi touch is only for Capacitive screens. Dual touch is possible for Resistive touch screens.

Ah I see, didn't know that. Thanks for letting me know :) Hopefully someone'll get it working on our GT540 :)

Upvote 0
Can anyone tell me what the settings should be to allow the phone to check and send MMS but restrict it from connecting to the internet using the data connection?
Plus can I change the screen sensitivity? Because with this ROM for me when I use the keyboard its seem to be over sensitive and i'm getting alot of double letters.

Cheers

Upvote 0
Is it possible to install a file manager via recovery? coz i dont wanna download a file manager from the market everytime i flash a new rom....

edit:

nevermind, this question has been answered by dudeman...thanks dudeman

You can try MyPhoneExplorer or Android Commander if you want to install apps from PC directly to the Phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones