• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [UPDATED 28/12 - NEW INSTALLER] CyanogenMod 7/Android 2.3.4 Is avaliable for GT540!

anyone can help me with this?
I have the GT540 with CyanogenMod 7 v 1.8
I know how I can use GPS without internet connection, no wifi and no 3g.
I recommend using that application, as configured to do so, etc.

I hope to answer as it is something I need to do much and I can not do it.

Thanks!

You want to use GPS withouth it, using WIFI or Mobile Data?
--------------------------------------
Que exactamente quieres hacer? usar el GPS ? sin que use WIfI o el 3G?

Upvote 0
I have another question besides the GPS offline
I urgently need some application or some way to connect remotely to a PC with Wndows xp, without any application installed on it.
ie only with the android app.
Thanks!

Well in most apps, you need a Server (the app running on the phone) and the Client (the one on the PC), so pretty much you can't have just the Server and no Client, otherwise how it would connect.

and the closest i've seen is Win-Remote but i don't think this what you're looking for.

Upvote 0
Just Turn it on... it works without WiFi or 3G on.

got to Settings>Location>Use GPS & untick Use Wireless networks (Ajustes>Ubicacion y Seguridad>Utilizar Satelites GPS y desmarca Usar Redes inalambricas)

thank!!!
and another question:
any program to guide me offline, such as Garmin GPS for example when I go with the car, tell me turn left, etc. OFFLINE and in real time?

Upvote 0
thank!!!
and another question:
any program to guide me offline, such as Garmin GPS for example when I go with the car, tell me turn left, etc. OFFLINE and in real time?

No problem. :)

If you have it installed, Google Maps does it really nicely, you just need to download from the market the different maps, they are offline maps of course,however they don't show your ubication in real time.

But if you have it Installed use Google Maps Navigation. It's beta and it uses Google Maps maps and this one shows your ubication in real-time.

Upvote 0
No problem. :)

If you have it installed, Google Maps does it really nicely, you just need to download from the market the different maps, they are offline maps of course,however they don't shouw your ubication in real time.

But if you have it Installed use Google Maps Navigation. It's beta and it uses Google Maps maps and this one shows your ubication in real-time.

thank you!!!
do you now where i can found mapa of buenos aires?
:S

Upvote 0
question about the game can knockdown: will we ever be able to play it? when i open it up it says 'your hardware is not supported'.

+ the games: stupid zombies & chalk ball crash every time i open them.

Well, probably not, just as with Flash maybe the processor doesn't support the features the game requests, and/or the game resolution is not compatible with that of our phone.

Asphalt 5 HD, also crashes (even with swap activated), and NFS Shift does too, showing the "hardware not supported" message.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones