• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [UPDATED 8/8/12]Breath of fresh air....an update

Finally figured out how to get the p930 ics kernel to load initramfs. The problem (as always) was a silly little thing that I missed:

BOARD_FORCE_RAMDISK_ADDRESS := 0x41a00000

My itty bitty fbcon is now telling me that the kernel booted, loaded the initramfs, and init is doing stuff. Unfortunately, adb is not functional. But this is a great step forward! :)

Upvote 0
Good shiznit. Death there will always be haters, I just don't understand why people just can't go with the flow.

It seems to me like the mods just like to come in here and try to control/censor what we can and cannot say, whether a thread has gotten off topic and needs to be moved. I mean I think we have a nice, small community that doesn't really need constant patrolling. I mean what did d2a do that was so bad and worth him being banned...well repeatedly? I'll probably wind up banned like d2a for saying this lol but I think it needs to be said/asked.

Upvote 0
I mean what did d2a do that was so bad and worth him being banned...well repeatedly? I'll probably wind up banned like d2a for saying this lol but I think it needs to be said/asked.
I'd love to know as well. Anyone that wants to hit me up in PM, cool. I understand mods can censor us (it's their right as owners of the site), but why does he keep getting banned? I've never seen him do anything worth banning... ignoring when he goes on rants? maybe... but we all rant and babble.

Reactions: nathanhaywood
Upvote 0
Wow...
Death is nothing but good peoples, I don't get why he was banned either.

Since he can't come do it, I'm going to invite you all the IRC channel, maybe you guys can keep the discussion going there.

Click here:
freenode Web IRC (qwebirc)

Or join server irc.freenode.net and channel #spectrum with your own IRC client.

Upvote 0
this website got hacked because of a known exploit. i had to change my password. i should have banned myself from this website. weak! a known exploit?!?! come on. instead, i keep coming back because of a few awesome people. ban those and i don't come back. that is a few less clicks that equals a few less dollars. known exploit. hahaha. now they want to get uppity and ban people.

Upvote 0
You guys are out of control. Just chill. You have no right to complain about the rules because this site/forum doesn't belong to you.

If I invited you in my house and required that you abide by certain rules while there, you would have no grounds for a valid or legitimate complaint if I kicked you out based on a disregard and/or disrespect of me or the rules.

And don't think I'm taking sides, I know death pretty well (for someone I haven't met in real life) based on a lot of personal conversations we've had, and I think I even know why death went off. And I'm sure death knows I'm not attacking him because I'm not that kind of person. I am just looking at this objectively and the truth is death even knew that his outburst would most likely result in a ban. I really hope death original account gets unbanned because he is a valuable part of this forum. But we all must play by the rules whether we like them or not. I've been annoyed a few times by certain things admins have done as well, but we are in someone else's house, and we must respect the house rules no matter how silly they seem. None of us are forced to be here.

PS. The admins did say if you have a complaint then pm them. I think that would be the wisest course of action. Let's try to act like adults here people.

Upvote 0
You guys are out of control. Just chill. You have no right to complain about the rules because this site/forum doesn't belong to you.

If I invited you in my house and required that you abide by certain rules while there, you would have no grounds for a valid or legitimate complaint if I kicked you out based on a disregard and/or disrespect of me or the rules.

And don't think I'm taking sides, I know death pretty well (for someone I haven't met in real life) based on a lot of personal conversations we've had, and I think I even know why death went off. And I'm sure death knows I'm not attacking him because I'm not that kind of person. I am just looking at this objectively and the truth is death even knew that his outburst would most likely result in a ban. I really hope death original account gets unbanned because he is a valuable part of this forum. But we all must play by the rules whether we like them or not. I've been annoyed a few times by certain things admins have done as well, but we are in someone else's house, and we must respect the house rules no matter how silly they seem. None of us are forced to be here.

PS. The admins did say if you have a complaint then pm them. I think that would be the wisest course of action. Let's try to act like adults here people.
Well said. ;) Too bad I missed this 'death2all110' guy. Seemed like a real character. xD

Upvote 0

I'm actually surprised by your response imu, but guess it is what it is...man i do hate that cliche..lol. Well androidforums, i think you are gonna loose a lot of members after this debacle.

Upvote 0
Today I was reading about what the schedulers do, and I read that the deadline scheduler executes task /required ram at a moments notice. Which keeps the phone from overload, and my wife called me today complaining about 6-7 reboots within 30 minute window. So I decided to do some fiddling and sure enough the scheduler was set to noop. So tomorrow I will have run multiple task to see what happens, and I will report back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones