• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Upgrade transfer question

I am going to transfer an upgrade from a regular phone to a feature phone that requires a $10 data fee each month when I transfer the upgrade will I have the option to cancel the data plan since it would be moved to a phone that does not require it? By the way I'm upgrading from a samsung rogue to the droid x2.

I am going to transfer an upgrade from a regular phone to a feature phone that requires a $10 data fee each month when I transfer the upgrade will I have the option to cancel the data plan since it would be moved to a phone that does not require it? By the way I'm upgrading from a samsung rogue to the droid x2.

I may have misunderstood your question, but if your getting a Dx2 you will have to have a data plan on that line. The data plan is not bound by what phone you buy but by the phone assigned to the line. If your regular phone goes back on a line you can drop the $10.00 fee if not you have to have it. The Dx2 would require a $30.00 data fee though since it is a smartphone and not a feature phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones