• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Uploaded pictures/videos to PC- most are sidways/upside down

mdw

Dec 26, 2012
I took a bunch of pictures and videos on Christmas with my new Samsung Galaxy Note 2. I'm a new Android user.

They look fine on the phone. I shot in landscape and portrait orientations. The camera "take a picture" button re-oriented itself to the right position every time I changed the camera's orientation, so it appeared it would be fine.

Everything looks fine on the phone.

I connected my phone to my PC to look at the pictures, and almost all of them are upside down or sideways.

Any idea how to fix them and make sure this never happens again?

When you connect the phone to the PC and the pop-up comes up on your Windows desktop, instead of clicking "Open device to view files" you need to click "Import pictures and Videos." Now when you import the photos it will automatically rotate them. Just to be sure, you can click on the "Import Settings" link at the bottom, left-hand side of the dialog box that comes up and make sure "Rotate Pictures on import" is checked off.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones