1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

USB connection

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Pedroxxxxxxxxx, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Pedroxxxxxxxxx

Since the last software update my PC does not recognise the phone anymore with the usb connection. Cable is OK, settings on phone (MTP) are OK. Already had contact with Samsung in Holland, they do not know either. Is there a bug in the latest Android version???

2. marctronixx

hallo met marc.

try a different computer, different cable. clear your phone's cache.

doubt its a bug for something simple as that.

3. Pedroxxxxxxxxx

I tried on other PC's , other cables, emptied cache, checked the settings etc.

marctronixx likes this.
  4. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

did you clear the cache from the recovery menu I assume?
    Perhaps remove the drivers from the computer, then either reinstall the drivers manually or reconnect the device.

in these settings?
    https://windowsreport.com/windows-10-doesnt-recognize-android/#.XCjdAlxKiM8

marctronixx likes this.
  5. marctronixx

or factory reset.....

6. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

if you change to PTP, does it recognize as a camera?

7. SCCabral

SCCabral Lurker

Try this:
    Go to "Developer Options" at the end of "Settings" list. If this mode is not available, go to "About phone" , "Software Information" and click 7 times on "Build Number". Now the "Developer Options" is available at "Settings".
    Now, go to "Developer Options", turn on "USB Debugging" and restart the phone.
    these steps solved the same problem on my cell phone.

Try this:
    Go to "Developer Options" at the end of "Settings" list. If this mode is not available, go to "About phone" , "Software Information" and click 7 times on "Build Number". Now the "Developer Options" is available at "Settings".
    Now, go to "Developer Options", turn on "USB Debugging" and restart the phone.
    these steps solved the same problem on my cell phone.

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 release date was September 2017. Features and Specs include a 6.3" inch screen, 12MP camera, 6GB RAM, Exynos 8895 processor, and 3300mAh battery.

September 2017
Release Date
Reviews