• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help USB Device Not Recognized

Vehtemas

Android Expert
Jul 6, 2010
What the hell is the issue?

I have restarted the PC, verified the port works and installed the Motorola 64 bit universal drivers...

The Bionic refuses to be recognized so I cannot root this thing...

Is there something wrong or something I am forgetting?

Absolutely weird but that worked... Don't know why the cable would matter but that did it.

Cool. The guy at the Costco kiosk said to use the cable supplied with the phone for connecting the first time because it would load the needed drivers. I found that odd, but it sounds like he knew what he was talking about. I'm not surprised though, because he was very knowledgeable and it was a first class experience from start to finish.

Upvote 0
So what is so different about the cable that comes with the Bionic. This could be a very important issue.

I am having this issue, but it started working with a normal cable. However, it is no longer working with that cable.

Drivers should not be in the cable, either. They are stored on the device as well as downloadable from Motorola, I believe.

Upvote 0
I'm having the same issue. I just bought a retractable micro usb cable from Monoprice, and the Bionic refuses to charge or be recognized on my work computer. The drivers cannot be "in the cable" -- plus, I downloaded and installed the Moto Mobility drivers before I ever plugged in -- so there must be something non-standard about the pinouts or voltage in the Bionic's usb implementation.

Upvote 0
I'm having the same issue. I just bought a retractable micro usb cable from Monoprice, and the Bionic refuses to charge or be recognized on my work computer. The drivers cannot be "in the cable" -- plus, I downloaded and installed the Moto Mobility drivers before I ever plugged in -- so there must be something non-standard about the pinouts or voltage in the Bionic's usb implementation.

Not really, it IS possible there is a very small microchip with flash drivers that somehow integrate with the information on the device, no?

Or am I talking out of my ass haha

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones