• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

USCC Desire Froyo Released!

i tried to download this and got error 155 about 5 times and recovered succesfully. i got sick of it so i did a hard reset and tried it without my microsd card in. it got a lot farther, but the same error happened and when i went to recover it i figured it'd be fine and skipped through the recovery directions but it wont reboot. it gets stuck at the first htc screen. it can charge while its off. i need help!

Upvote 0
i tried to download this and got error 155 about 5 times and recovered succesfully. i got sick of it so i did a hard reset and tried it without my microsd card in. it got a lot farther, but the same error happened and when i went to recover it i figured it'd be fine and skipped through the recovery directions but it wont reboot. it gets stuck at the first htc screen. it can charge while its off. i need help!

I'm sure there are knowledgeable people here that could walk you thru it, but at this point I would take it into a store.

Upvote 0
I'm sure there are knowledgeable people here that could walk you thru it, but at this point I would take it into a store.

yeah, but im thinking theyre just gonnna make me pay for another one, so that's last resort. if someone could give me instructions on how to update it from the boot menu by putting it on my sd card or something like that, then i would be set.

Upvote 0
Really strange that this update essentially wipes your phone. At least according to what it says online. All data from email, contacts, apps, calendar, etc will need to be reinstalled?

On my unlocked (never branded) Desire, I get the updates OTA (not having to download from a website) and I've never had it wipe my data.

So, not only does US Cellular make it's customers wait forever, but you have to basically reinstall everything after the update. What a load of crap.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones