• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Use android device as bluetooth transmitter?

jae_63

Android Enthusiast
Mar 16, 2010
Is it possible to use an audio male-to-male cable to send audio from tv to my android phone, so I can listen on a bluetooth headset? Essentially I want to listen to tv on my headset without having to buy an audio transmitter.

I have two spare gingerbread android devices (droid eris and optimus slider) available for this task. One is already rooted and I can root the other one as needed.

(I found this as a very old post on another forum, but with no posted responses, and no similar discussion here).

Thanks ...

Maybe, but you may need a soldering pencil and impedance specs for your jack.

Your headset jack includes a mono microphone input. First, you'll need to match the wiring/jack position with the tv, and you may need to worry about sensitivity (impedance matching).

Then, try a microphone app and hope that you can get the phone to route audio to bluetooth - maybe impossible, as soon as you plug in for microphone, I think that you'll flip the switch from wired headset at the same time.

My guess would be that's your kicker. If you can get around that, then maybe an app like BTMono will help get the last piece in place.

Other than that, I got nothing.

Reactions: Astr4y4L and jae_63
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones