• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Use DarkTremor's A2SD on CM7

What if I wanted to move an app or 2 back to internal?? How could I do this with DTa2sd??? Should I do it through TIBU? Was thinking of putting launcherpro and swype back to internal mem hoping for better performance.... Any suggestions??

you cannot move individuals apps such as launchers, but you can undo the movement from internal to SD card by typing this in terminal emulator:
su (enter)
a2sd remove (enter)

Upvote 0
What if I wanted to move an app or 2 back to internal?? How could I do this with DTa2sd??? Should I do it through TIBU? Was thinking of putting launcherpro and swype back to internal mem hoping for better performance.... Any suggestions??

Yes,you can move individual apps w/TIBU back to the internal storage.Launchers can be a little testy when moved around,so,be prepared & do a backup of the ROM using ROM MANAGER & create a zip file of your user apps w/TIBU (& send a list of your apps to wherever you'd like,using TIBU,as well,if desired,just in case all goes to crap).
You can also back-up & restore user(downloaded apps)using GOOGLE if necessary,so,it won't hurt to try & move your apps around to see what works best for you,as long as you know enough about backing up & restoring your phone.

Upvote 0
I did a restore in CWM a bit ago. When I did, it restored my system apps to sd-ext, but not my user apps. They were all unistalled. Odd, thought I, so I started re-installing them, and noticed they were installing internal again.
Anyone know what happened? I created a backup just before this, when everything was installing on the sdcard with the a2sd that comes with PG's CM7 0728.

Upvote 0
It did for me, not sure why though. if you have any problems then flash it again and no need to install this method.

OK. Thanks for the quick response..

I opened TE, typed "su", then "a2sd check" and everything said it was running from internal... So I tried "a2sd help", just to see what some of the commands were, and it just rebooted my phone. I'm going to reflash the 0728 build and gapps when I get a chance. Wish me luck. LOL.

Upvote 0
OK. Thanks for the quick response..

I opened TE, typed "su", then "a2sd check" and everything said it was running from internal... So I tried "a2sd help", just to see what some of the commands were, and it just rebooted my phone. I'm going to reflash the 0728 build and gapps when I get a chance. Wish me luck. LOL.

alright lol

Upvote 0
If I've already partitioned my sdcard, and later do a sdcard format within CWM, does it just format the sd-ext, the unpartitioned part, the entire card leaving the partition, or the entire card erasing the partition?
when you format it through CWM, its just formatting the SD card without the SD-EXT! so no it is not deleting the EXT. But there is another option in CWM to format the sd-ext as well

Reactions: Can0dope and Scur
Upvote 0
...well that explains a thing or two...

+1
I was about to ask about the same thing. Looks like you beat me to it.

One more thing... Will launchers work okay? I'm pretty fond of goLauncher, ADW isn't near as customizable IMO. Should I expect any problems if I switch launchers? I suppose I could try and see, but would rather find out if anyone else has tried and how it works?

In case it makes a difference:
CM7.2 07282011 build
SetCPU @ max 710
Patriot 16g class 10 sdcard
SD Speed Increase @ 2048

Upvote 0
+1
I was about to ask about the same thing. Looks like you beat me to it.

One more thing... Will launchers work okay? I'm pretty fond of goLauncher, ADW isn't near as customizable IMO. Should I expect any problems if I switch launchers? I suppose I could try and see, but would rather find out if anyone else has tried and how it works?

In case it makes a difference:
CM7.2 07282011 build
SetCPU @ max 710
Patriot 16g class 10 sdcard
SD Speed Increase @ 2048

moving any launcher will cause problems like FC and all if you want a launcher to be the defualt, you can use titu and make it a system app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones