1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Use phone for Alarm Clock AND Bump charge??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JSS12, Feb 20, 2011.

1. JSS12

JSS12 Android Enthusiast

Hey all,

I use my phone for my alarm clock, but from the time I wake up until I leave my apartment there is not enough time for me to do a full bump charge.

Is there any way for me to turn the phone off when I go to bed, and have a way for the phone to turn itself on 10 minutes before the alarm goes off?

I already looked in a Tasker thread and people there didn't think Tasker was the solution. Is there another way?

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. hexon

hexon Well-Known Member

No app will be able to turn your phone off, as that would require your phone to be on to run the app. Unfortunately your only solution is to bump charge in your car on the way to work...or get up earlier :(

3. JSS12

JSS12 Android Enthusiast

My alarm already goes off at 5:10am... I go to sleep at around 12:30am.

Unless someone knows of an app that will make me feel more well rested??

4. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

"Cocaine's a hell of a drug" haha

5. superstretch

superstretch Well-Known Member

Airplane mode? I sleep about 6 hours a night and if my battery is low/no charger nearby, I throw it in airplane mode and only lose about .5%/hour

6. JSS12

JSS12 Android Enthusiast

Hospitals drug test their employees... I also do not drink coffee - but that is a personal preference

Obviously airplane mode is not the same as having the phone off.. but will airplane mode allow me to bump faster? Or have a better charge when I unplug?

7. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert

If I'm reading this right, it sounds like you don't plug in your phone when you go to bed - why is that? Seems like the answer is just letting the phone charge while you sleep.

8. hexon

hexon Well-Known Member

I guess that would be helpful to know too. How are you bump charging? If you plug in your phone to charge overnight, you should be able to turn it off when you wake up and replug it in to allow it to bump charge in about 15 minutes.

9. serpentine009

serpentine009 Android Enthusiast

Leave phone on...alarm goes off...you get up....unplug....shutdown....plug in....sh**, shower, shave...phone bumb charged...go to work...

jj3699 likes this.
  10. euph_22

euph_22 Android Expert

You don't need to unplug/replug

11. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

I was totally kidding. Had just seen that Chappelle's Show on Comedy Central recently :D

12. txrxio

txrxio Well-Known Member

Buy a timer plug, same thing people use for turning their lamps and xmas lights on and off. $5.

13. Kilo7

Kilo7 Well-Known Member

will turn the phone off, but you still have to manual turn on the phone once the timer runs juice through the plug.

14. euph_22

euph_22 Android Expert

It will neither turn the phone off nor on...it's not supposed to. You can also bump charge by unplugging the phone for a while, letting it drain a few percent and then charging it up again. That's what the timer will do.

15. lamoglinsgal

lamoglinsgal Android Expert

Bump charge in the car?

That was one nice feature on BBs. They would turn themselves on for the alarm.

16. txrxio

txrxio Well-Known Member

Why turn the phone off in the first place? Just leave it on and use the timer to control the charge times.

17. jkarel

jkarel Lurker

Try using Hibernate from Android Market. I use it when I want to use the alarm clock, and it shuts off everything except the alarm clock, puts it in airplane mode, etc. This is the closest thing to shutting down your phone and having it turn back on just for your alarm. Battery drain is minimal.