• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help using android for dedicated purpose

A

Android Question

This is an Android "smart" phone.
I am trying to use it as a security camera.
Does anyone know how to stop Google updating crap on it, how to stop Youtube and other "social" media, from popping up notifications, how to stop the "Sync" from switching itself on.

All I want it to do is operate as a wifi camera, and have location tracking if the car it is in gets stolen, but it keeps doing all this other crap. :(
12718136_1689955614617237_9088527376947751275_n.jpg

Turn off automatic updates in the Play Store settings.

Never have a problem with social apps popping up, but either disable them if you can't uninstall or go into the app's settings and disable notifications from it (or clear the app's data so it doesn't have your account details and then turn off notifications in its settings).

Never had sync turn itself on on any device I've owned, so can't help with that one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones