• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Using Android with apple CarPlay

Hi all
I have recently just bought a 2019 BMW new car and it only supports Apple CarPlay, is there a way I can use my android instead without having to pay a 3rd party company to basically take my whole dash apart to fit a new system?

If your 2019 BMW only supports Apple CarPlay but you'd like to use Android, several options can help without extensive dash modifications.

First, check for manufacturer-provided software updates for Android Auto compatibility. If none are available, consider wireless dongles that can add Android Auto support, plugging into your car's USB port.
Some apps can mirror your Android phone's screen on your car display.
However, for a more comprehensive solution, you might explore aftermarket head units that support both CarPlay and Android Auto, but this involves professional installation. Research compatibility and choose an option that best suits your needs.

Reactions: Rob
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones