• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Using Powerpoint on 2013 Nexus 7

MikeCushing

Lurker
Feb 26, 2016
Hi, I wondered if someone might help me? I want to transfer a small Powerpoint presentation from a Windows 7 PC to my Nexus 7. I have hooked u the tablet to the PC via cable and can see it in "My Computer". I have tried to save the file under the "Downloads" folder on the tablet but get an error message "You can't save here. Please choose another location"

Is there an app or anything I need to get or do to achieve this so I can open and show the Powerpoint file on my tablet?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks you in advance!

Mike

Peculiar - though as I never use Windows I can't advise on the solution, but it seems odd (I just copy stuff over USB to wherever I want it from my Mac). Have you tried putting it in a different folder?

Or if it's a small ppt you could you email it to the Nexus.

There are various apps that can view PowerPoint files on an android tablet - most of them have "office" in the name, or there is also Microsoft's own PowerPoint app. You may have one already installed. It won't make any difference to the USB copying thing, but you need something in order to view the file once you have it there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones