• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon chat says we can still upgrade at subsidized prices

Thank you for contacting the Verizon Wireless Chat Team. One of our skilled Chat Representatives will be with you in a moment.

Your Chat Session ID is RT7083067926.

Hello, my name is Jennifer. I’m happy to assist you with your question regarding your account.

How can I help you today?

Jennifer: How can I assist you today?

Visitor: I am wondering if our bill is going down now that this crazy new non-subsidized phones plan was announced ?

Jennifer: Are you referring to the plan changes we are making starting on August 13, 2015? If so yes, you can lower your bill at that time.

Visitor: Ok so call verizon on the 13th?

Jennifer:http://www.verizonwireless.com/news...d-data-choices-match-customer-lifestyles.html

Jennifer: Yes in the meantime if you have not viewed the website use the above link for more information.

Visitor: is it true the smartphones will no longer be subsidized ?

Visitor: and we will have to pay full retain when we want to upgrade?

Jennifer: How device agreement works is you would pay full retail price for the device but in 24 monthly installments. You are not locked in a contract, you would have the option to buyout the device at anytime and get another phone. You would then have the option to trade in the phone you buy out and use its value towards your bill. You should still be able to get a device on 2yr contract if you want to however.

Jennifer: If you get the phone on 2yr contract the line access fee will be $40.00. If you do the device payment option line access fee will be $20.00.

Visitor: 40 is the line access now, so it could still be subsidized i guess

Visitor: i guess ill just figure it out later

Visitor: news sites are reporting it as nixxing the subsidized so.. thought i'd check

Visitor: thanks

Jennifer: I can reclaifiy

Jennifer: Please allow me to.

Visitor: ok

Jennifer: When the plan pricing starts on August 13, 2015 the line access fee will reduce to $20.00 on the smartphone lines if you move to one of the new plans. When you upgrade the line access fee would remain at $20.00 if you get the device on device payments. If you upgrade on 2yr contract the line access fee will be $40.00.

Visitor: then you still get it at the reduced price? the typical 199, 299 etc. as opposed to, say, 599 or 699

Jennifer: correct

Visitor: Oh, I see. but then you still hav ethe choices of the new small medium large data plans

Jennifer: To get further information on this please contact us on August 13, 2015 due to Verizon still working on how this will work. But you are correct on the choices small/medium/large.

Visitor: ok cool. Glad to clarify. Thanks :)

Jennifer: My pleasure, we never want you to end a conversation with us with even more answers/confusion so I really appreciate you allowing me to clarify things. But I do suggest to contact us back on the 13th for more information.

Visitor: Will do. Hopefully my bill goes down (i guess once my current 2 years expire) and I can still upgrade at the prices we are used to when ready. That would be nice.

Jennifer: Yes, we will definitely work on options and how to lower your bill when you get ready to make changes.

Visitor: Great. Thanks again!

Jennifer:

Jennifer: I'm happy I was able to assist you today! Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless. If you have any further questions, please feel free to chat back in. I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! Please click end chat to end your session.

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    943.4 KB · Views: 35

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones