• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] Close to giving up with drivers!

tsargent347

Aug 24, 2011
Upstate South Carolina
ive gotten my phone to be seen when it is on and you type in adb devices, but when i put it into bootloader and i type in fastboot devices i get a blank. where should i go from here? should i just pull the easy way and do the toolkit? if i installed the toolkit could i still type in adb codes and fastboot codes in the command prompt if i was to use the toolkit? sorry for the questions but i was really wanting to try and do this thing the manual way becuase ive never done a phone the manual way before and was wanting to giv it a go

ive gotten my phone to be seen when it is on and you type in adb devices, but when i put it into bootloader and i type in fastboot devices i get a blank. where should i go from here? should i just pull the easy way and do the toolkit? if i installed the toolkit could i still type in adb codes and fastboot codes in the command prompt if i was to use the toolkit? sorry for the questions but i was really wanting to try and do this thing the manual way becuase ive never done a phone the manual way before and was wanting to giv it a go

tsargent347,

Check-out Steven's thread to see if that helps:

http://androidforums.com/verizon-galaxy-nexus-all-things-root/480632-im-going-make-hardest-part-rooting-easy-newbs-right-here-yup-i-am.html

Also, here's the notes I put together that will hopefully mirror much of what Steven reported:

How to install the adb & fastboot USB drivers (MS/Windows users only)

Good luck and let us know.

Cheers!

Upvote 0
ill try what yall have told me in a few..got to get my phone charged back up..been a long day and would really like to get this thing unlocked..if i install the toolkit...can i still use the command prompt for adb and fastboot and what not?

yes, gives you the option.

try deleting all google and samsung drivers in device manager and reinstalling drivers.

Reactions: tsargent347
Upvote 0
Lol i cant install the naked drivers cause the FBI or something has shut down megaupload..soo lol what now

In the links that I posted above, the download area for the Naked driver is from XDA:

How to install the adb & fastboot USB drivers (MS/Windows users only)

references:

[ADB/FB/APX Driver] Universal Naked Driver Beta 0.5 - xda-developers

which does have the Megaupload link, but also the attachment:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=841422&d=1325637642

Cheers!

Upvote 0
Sweet ok... got it, i followed ol' Stevens method and finally got it responding in fastboot, now to unlock? or download wugs toolkit?

I personally would recommend wugs toolkit regardless of your experience level, if you are a noob it makes it super easy and if you are a vet it still has other tools that are easier using his tool. Plus he updates it and keeps adding more functions like backups and restore. Also it is idiot proof cause it double checks that you are sure you are doing what you think you're doing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones