• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon coverage in stadiums is a joke

Sucks pretty bad at Angel Stadium in Anaheim too.

Maybe back in Jan...I was just at an Angels game tonight and I had full bars and LTE worked perfectly. Running a speedtest showed only 1.5Mbps down but it didn't matter. Every website I went to loaded up with ease, my FB and Twitter updated just fine etc..If you wanted to stream Netflix or something like that then yes, that probably wouldn't go to well but who's going to do that at a game? I couldn't even get my FB app to update at an Angels game on Sprint, Verizon is soooooo much better!

Upvote 0
I've often had to turn off data on my phone at Phillies games since my battery is quickly drained while it, presumably, it is fighting to keep a connection. Trying to use the phone's data connection is obviously impossible when this is happening.

I've been to three games this year. Two pre and one regular season games. The regular season game was a sellout (as always) and also had a Flyers playoff game going on at the same time (they play right across the street).

I had no trouble with 3G this year at all. I even downloaded an app (MLB at the ballpark) and uploaded pictures to Facebook during that Phillies/Flyers game. Seems coverage has been improved.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones