1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Verizon CTO says LTE handsets due in first half of 2011 (not Q1)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dyezak, Mar 8, 2011.

1. dyezak

dyezak Well-Known Member

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jmz768

jmz768 Android Enthusiast

Well that's it, I'm moving on and picking up a Droid X for now.

3. TheWhale

TheWhale Newbie

Don't. These phones are already done.. They wont sit on them for 3 months.. I guess common sense doesn't exist on the internet.

JustinHEMI likes this.
  4. jmz768

jmz768 Android Enthusiast

Doesn't matter if there are dozens of 4G phones ready for release if the network isn't ready.

Oh and I guess apostrophes don't exist on the internet either.

jls081882 likes this.
  5. garnto

garnto Android Enthusiast

how do you know the network isn't ready? that article says smartphones. which could mean that some phones aren't ready, or it could mean all of them are not.

you don't know, I don't know, noone knows at this point

6. jayishere

jayishere Android Expert

phone, now...no wait.

7. jls081882

jls081882 Lurker

Was this even remotely close to how horrible the release was of the Incredible? I have never followed a phone release before and don't plan on doing it again, I JUST WANT THE TBOLT. I stopped looking at blogs and stopped searching google every 10 minutes since my local Verizon Store took my pre order and said they'd call when FedEx drops them off. I dislike waiting for anything!

8. EvilMonkey

EvilMonkey Android Enthusiast

yes, they will sit on them for 2 months, but not 3. no how, no way! Common business sense says to cut it off at 2 months, 29 days.

I was just checking in one last time before I head over to best buy to get an incredible. No new news = green light for operation 'new outdated phone'.

9. TheWhale

TheWhale Newbie

?:thinking:

10. GFA

GFA Android Enthusiast

There is no grammar police on these forums. They said Thunderbolt Q1 at CES and other 4G LTE phones in Q2. They wouldn't sit on the Thunderbolt too long because then it will be outdated tech.

11. jbh00jh

jbh00jh Android Enthusiast

It's a great little phone , i have enjoyed mine the last year. Also there are a lot
    of good roms for it over at XDA. Hope you like it. :)

12. Familyguy1

Familyguy1 Android Enthusiast

Im gonna wait it out whether I like it or not(Upgrade is March 25th)..so...

13. rigor

rigor Member

NEWS FLASH: March 17th is a part of "first half 2011"

14. weihl165

weihl165 Android Enthusiast

You will not be dissapointed with the Inc. It is a great phone, and just the right size.

15. dyezak

dyezak Well-Known Member

Unfortunately so is June 30th.... Which is where the problem with this ambiguity from the CTO comes from.

16. rigor

rigor Member

That's just a CYA type of statement. He also was referring to phoneS... plural.

March 17th!

17. Rex126

Rex126 Lurker

I don't mean to stir the pot with false hope, and I emphasize "take this with a grain of salt" as all our other hopes for this phone have taught us.... but did anyone else see this article?

Verizon “Promises” HTC Thunderbolt Launch | 4G Phones

Now im not sure of the reputation of this website, but that is a pretty bold statement for March 10th. The problem is all the other rumors out there seemed the same way :cool:

TheWhale likes this.
  18. dyezak

dyezak Well-Known Member

Deleted User likes this.
  19. rushmore

rushmore Extreme Android User

That looks like one of them generic sites that pulls articles through a spider engine. Zero trust in anyone that says "100% certain" unless a VZW published statement.

Not to mention the leaked marketing slide that clearly shows TB AFTER iPad2. BS folks.

20. rushmore

rushmore Extreme Android User

That it is, but the damage this would do to BB and HTC relations would be far worse. Best to release as 3G next week with option to activate in markets it will actually work in. Then update folks that want 4G.

Based on the design of the options and Johnboy's posts, it seems VZW do NOT intend on giving options- IF the FW in Johnboy's demo is retail level.

Hmmm.

21. Rex126

Rex126 Lurker

Yea I agree, but hey who knows? (Besides Verizon that is). Ugh to be fair i was very excited for the release and now i feel apathetic. If it does not come out by March 17th AND the other 4G phones will be out by Q2 (yea we have heard verizon promises before) it is tempting to wait and get something that is more complete. Really bums me out, but may be the "smartest" option at this point......:(

22. ultradroid

ultradroid So many android phones...

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews