• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] CyanogenMod Announces New Monthly M-Series

After a couple of days, i have to say I'm pretty impressed with this release. Stable, responsive, smooth, quite a few customizations. Not as vast an amount as AOKP, but not bad.

Dislikes:
No Customize nav buttons (ie. color, function, amount...etc.),
No Customize notification LED (color, notification type...etc). There are probably some things other find missing, but that's all I could think of.
Google Search: Noticeably slower since flashing this ROM on first search after reboot, but it still functions.

Things I like:
Battery life: Much better than AOKP (stock and with leankernel) and comparable to what I was getting with Bugless Beast. I'm just running the kerenel that came with CM, so it might be better if you flash a different one.
Stability: 2 days and no crashes, no lockups, no freezes, and runs buttery smooth.
Sound: I love DSP manager, and have missed it ever since bought my GNEX. The version on CM10 compared to CM7 seems a little better and has a few extras. I listen to a lot of music, so sound and an EQ are pretty important to me.
Customizations: Like I said, there are a few features missing, but overall, there are enough to keep me happy until the next update.

I'm enjoying this ROM so far. A good mix of BB and AOKP. With a few tweeks, I could be using this for a long while.

Upvote 0
Sound: I love DSP manager, and have missed it ever since bought my GNEX. The version on CM10 compared to CM7 seems a little better and has a few extras. I listen to a lot of music, so sound and an EQ are pretty important to me.

For future reference, just download and flash the file from this link:
[APP] DSPmanager for JB, Android 4.1 - xda-developers

Now, you can use DSP manager on all ROMS that do not come with it installed!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones