• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Incredible Pre-order Warning

So, just like many of you, I went out to the Verizon site this morning and preordered the INC. However, one thing was weird to me--it didn't seem to change my plan. When I went to the store to buy my Droid, I had to switch to a Verizon plan, and I went with the unlimited calls and texts. But online, it didn't give me that option--I just added the 5,000 msgs, unlimited data and insurance. It said that my monthly bill was going from $89 to $94. Is that a trick or something?

Upvote 0
Did you log in directly to verizonwireless.com or clicking the link from HTC Incredible? ? I used the phones. link and when I got to checkout it showed two shipping options with 2nd day as the default. Regardless, if you use that code I posted it'll flip it to free overnight.
I used the HTC Incredible link you have posted. Even in the past, though, I always got overnight for free...never saw any other option. Must be a location thing is my only guess.

Upvote 0
I ordered the Incredible this morning over the phone through Verizon. Tonight I received a shipping statement email from Verizon showing that it has already shipped and will arrive by FedEx on 04/21. It came with tracking numbers and shows that it left New York and is now in Tennessee. Any chance they are shipping the preorders early, or is this some kind of mistake?

Upvote 0
I ordered the Incredible this morning over the phone through Verizon. Tonight I received a shipping statement email from Verizon showing that it has already shipped and will arrive by FedEx on 04/21. It came with tracking numbers and shows that it left New York and is now in Tennessee. Any chance they are shipping the preorders early, or is this some kind of mistake?

Usually when this happens it reaches FedEx's major hub and gets held for delivery the day its supposed to be delivered.

Upvote 0
I would call back later today or tomorrow, you might have better luck. Usually I have found online orders through various companies to be in "process" during non business hours. Nothing can ship for a few days anyway so if you call back tomorrow, it still didn't ship and should be able to be changed. and if by some miracle it did ship, then your ahead of the game right.

Also try to move up the chain to a manager and see if there is anything they can do to help.

Good Luck

Actually, VZW doesn't modify orders once they've been placed. It actually says that on the confirmation screen, no changes to this order may be made once it is accepted, etc, etc.

The good news is that you will probably still get your device on the 29th assuming there isn't a shortage of them.

Upvote 0
When ordering online make sure you enter this promo code at checkout: freeovernt

It was working as of 9:35am Eastern on 04/19/2010. When you get to checkout it selects 2nd Day by default, but it'll automatically switch to overnight after entering the code. This is a normal code advertised on Verizon's website but for some reason the pre-order doesn't pick it up by default.
Really can't wait to get off this LG Dare so I can have a smartphone rather then a cell phone that thought it wanted to be a smartphone but couldn't quite let go.

Confirmed - code does work.

Upvote 0
Don't really know what you guys are seeing as I don't get any options for shipping. It says FREE OVERNIGHT SHIPPING all over the site AND when I go to checkout, it's there too. I have no other options showing for 1 day or 2 day??? Odd. Maybe it's based on where you live???

Same here.. I've never seen two options, just free overnight.

Did you log in directly to verizonwireless.com or clicking the link from HTC Incredible? ? I used the phones. link and when I got to checkout it showed two shipping options with 2nd day as the default. Regardless, if you use that code I posted it'll flip it to free overnight.
Yep, I went through that page to login and pay.

Upvote 0
Same here, no other option than free overnight. That's what I thought VZW always did standard when you ordered online. But I think maybe different regions are doing different things. Since it clearly stated that all orders places by the 28th @ 4pm local time will be delivered for the 29th, I still say that some regions are simply saving a few $$$ by sending their orders out on the 27th for guaranteed 2 day delivery for the 29th. JMHO though.

Upvote 0
Not sure why, but FedEx tracking shows that I am scheduled to get my Incredible today. It is on a local delivery truck and is scheduled to be delivered this afternoon. I also got an email today from Verizon saying to show the phone to friends. Has anyone else gotten a shipping notice from Verizon showing their unit has been shipped?

Upvote 0
I orderd it on the morning April 19th over the phone with Verizon. I had troubles getting the order to process when using Verizon's website, so I called them and they gave me internet pricing even though it was a phone order. I will post later this afternoon after the package arrives.

Apparently it was the phone orders that the system glitched on, and some of those shipped early. Lucky you and have fun with it! Just make sure to tell us how it is definitely living up to expectations - I for one don't want to know any issues ;)

Upvote 0
did you tell him you can't truly be called a "techie" cause you have a Treo device?? Just kiddin'

Seriously though, pre-orders are cool, but day of walk in will probably be fine on this phone. Have you ever heard of Verizon selling out of ANY phone before?

It's happened a few times i know of. The first Blackberry Storm sold out and it was like a 2 week wait, i think, before they came back in. So did the Touch Pro 2 and that one was sold out for like a month. It comes down to how popular Verizon thinks the phone will be and what their initial order with HTC was. Pre-orders will obviously get first dibs so the more they sale through pre-order the less they will have in the stores. The good thing is if they do have a ton of pre-orders they will go ahead and order more from HTC so if they do sell out they should be able to get them quicker, hopefully.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones