• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Verizon moto e 2nd Gen bands

Thanks. Got it working finally by reflashing the 5.0.2 modem on my 5.0.2 phone.
HIU
Thank you for your reply. I really needed confirmation like this. Don't want to take a phone to a foreign country where it doesn't work. Now I can be more at ease. Thank you for all the help.
Anthony.
I will be going overseas soon.
Did it work for you?

Upvote 0
Thanks for your input was this on non US GSM bands 900/1800?
Thanks again also were you on 5.1 moto e xt1528?
Joe
They use 850/900 2g there's nothing else on the island. The one he has is on 5.0. I'll have to check the new ones we just bought. when they do activate it over there. What I did was get the philipp mangelow network app to switch the bands I didn't know about the dial code, I'll have to try that. I hope this helps.
Anthony .

Upvote 0
Don't worry Moto E 2nd from Verizon definitely works on 900mhz, I am in India using Moto E LTE (2nd) from Verizon on Indian 900 and also on 1800mhz networks.
Works with 2G data.

Hi Hitesh ,
I have verizon moto e 2nd generation(XT 1528), trying to use it Vodafone 3G sim card....but it is not even showing network for calls..tried *#*#4636#*#* but nothing comes up on screen...it has 5.1

Upvote 0
no luck...still nothing happens after enterin *# code mentioned above..it does show G besides network but no bars in network bars...
You're going to have to send the commands necessary for it to pick up the frequency then. With 5.1 they seemed to have completely blocked it. I had to take it to a tech friend to send them from his computer when I went overseas last week. Here are instructions if you're comfortable with it. http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-e-2015/general/how-to-verizon-moto-e-2015-gsm-network-t3098953 I hope this helps.
Anthony.

Upvote 0
You're going to have to send the commands necessary for it to pick up the frequency then. With 5.1 they seemed to have completely blocked it. I had to take it to a tech friend to send them from his computer when I went overseas last week. Here are instructions if you're comfortable with it. http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-e-2015/general/how-to-verizon-moto-e-2015-gsm-network-t3098953 I hope this helps.
Anthony.

tried this already...not working..I guess this phone doesn't have the network bands which indian carrier uses...

Upvote 0
Ok , I got it working on vodafone(Maharashtra), but 2G data...used repair from verizon support site to re install the OS.
Then network app to make it GSM only, and then 3G in network dropdowns...
I just received MOTO E XT1528 yesterday have tried dialing *#*#4636#*#* but no results also have gone through the XDA site with no result now would like as to how you unlocked it through the Verizon support site could you please provide STEP by STEP process for the same ASAP. I'm going to use it on IDEA or Tata Docomo.please guide me.
Waiting for your prompt reply.

Upvote 0
Just the network app will do for you, I had messed up lot so needed to reinstall from verizon site.
Follow steps from below video, select 3G from drop after that in mobile network
Dude have already gone through this process but no result I think there is some issue with my OS as few apps that were installed on WiFi are crashing so need to repair the OS so could you please provide me the link of Verizon tech. Support that you went through for repairing the OS. I would be really greatfull for that.

Upvote 0
Just the network app will do for you, I had messed up lot so needed to reinstall from verizon site.

thanx dude it worked first repaired the OS than just installed the network app and followed instruction as per the video given by you and it worked thanx a ton.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones